FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the 17 as she is now...still thinking one more color but will wait until she gets a Micro T1 and just DuraCoat optic and give her another netted splash.

Attachments

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And some more including how she was before growing up a bit. Yes, those are PMM QD as well as Tactical Empire selector. As for the 16...it is the wife's and set up to her preferences.

Attachments

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, GB...I blame Wagnasty for encouraging it by spraying his 17 and making me feel like a POGue with a black rifle.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, guys...suppose if I get done working early enough today I will post some more along with the FN bolt gun. Glad you guys appreciate the pics.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Looking pretty good man, Looks similar to my AICS build I just did I used a black primer and 3 rustoleum Camo colors Khaki, Sand and Earth Brown I think it came out pretty good. Hopefully this will help you decide if you want another color. Hit me on PM for any questions IMG_0094.JPG IMG_0093.JPG IMG_0090.JPG

·
Registered
600 Posts
Good looking rattlecan finished weapons gents. I've done a fal before years ago and a black scar would be a perfect candidate. Nice job.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The rifle in OP is DuraCoated via air sprayer...not rattle can. I prefer to have the added durability of an actual finish. Hopefully this year I can get the oven ordered and start working with Cerakote as well.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
The rifle in OP is DuraCoated via air sprayer...not rattle can. I prefer to have the added durability of an actual finish. Hopefully this year I can get the oven ordered and start working with Cerakote as well.
When you try Cerakote I think you'll really like it, I know once I started using Cerakote I like it better, but DuraCoat is still very useful in some applications.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice guys!!!

Reactions: 14R

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tal...I am really looking forward to Cerakote and being able to have a true bake on finish option. Any rate...here is another FN, well the action is, that I sprayed a finish on. Will post some pics of the FN collection I had right before the boating accident.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts