FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
I have one but have replaced them with EACH charging handles on my rifles. The handle works but for a couple extra bucks you can get a far superior one (CH) from SgtStriker
This is the same route I went. Started with GG&G and then replaced it with the EACH. There's nothing wrong with the GG&G, it works fine. But I really like the meatiness of the EACH.

Reactions: STL and GLOCK17DB9

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have the GG&G on both my 16 and 17 and like it very much. After seeing some of the other options I would definitely go this route again. I feel it does just what it's supposed to do. It's angled down so I don't skin knuckles on optics mounts, and it's not too big and clunky so it doesn't snag on stuff easily.

Installed on both rifles in the picture below:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the GG&G on both my 16 and 17 and like it very much. After seeing some of the other options I would definitely go this route again. I feel it does just what it's supposed to do. It's angled down so I don't skin knuckles on optics mounts, and it's not too big and clunky so it doesn't snag on stuff easily.

Installed on both rifles in the picture below:
Thanks guys.

Brett B what make is the replacement grip on your 17?

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
as war does so many times, the last decade of the war on terror has created fast weapons development and accessory evolution. The SCAR platform is no different in this regard nor are the accessory options. While mostly IMO for charging handles it comes down to personal preference there is one offering that I know was born out of evolution for need coming straight out of combat experiences; The SCAR E.A.C.H. by STRYKER ENTERPRISES - in short it just works. Why? The enlarged surface area does exactly what it supposed to do, the serrations provide the control needed and the overall positive manipulation are down right impressive. Slapping, pulling, pushing, right handed, left handed, eyes open, eyes closed (you get my point) are literally a synch with the E.A.C.H. by STRYKER ENTERPRISES The angle of the E.A.C.H. is beyond well thought out; it provides for mounting any optic of choice on the SCAR platform without ever having to worry about hands, fingers or gear getting hung up. Simply a pleasure I tell you and the best part for me personally as I continue to shoot my SCAR more and more and use my E.A.C.H. more and more is the fact that I no longer have to think about the charging handle in anyway, shape or form. It just happens naturally. I can't say enough about my E.A.C.H.'s on my SCARS!!! Good luck GLOCK17DB9 on whichever route you choose to go but IMHO I would give the SCAR E.A.C.H. a very serious look and I am willing to bet if you don't like it...someone on this board will snatch it right up from you in the for sale thread!

Edit - - I tried the factory charging handle and the GGG charging handle...they both sucked....they got in the way of my ELCAN.....I did not like either of them!!

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Guys lets try to keep to what the OP asked ( or at least somewhat) , if the OP does come back and ask for other CH opinions then by all means chime in but till then lets try to stick with what's been asked.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
as war does so many times, the last decade of the war on terror has created fast weapons development and accessory evolution. The SCAR platform is no different in this regard nor are the accessory options. While mostly IMO for charging handles it comes down to personal preference there is one offering that I know was born out of evolution for need coming straight out of combat experiences; The SCAR E.A.C.H. by STRYKER ENTERPRISES - in short it just works. Why? The enlarged surface area does exactly what it supposed to do, the serrations provide the control needed and the overall positive manipulation are down right impressive. Slapping, pulling, pushing, right handed, left handed, eyes open, eyes closed (you get my point) are literally a synch with the E.A.C.H. by STRYKER ENTERPRISES The angle of the E.A.C.H. is beyond well thought out; it provides for mounting any optic of choice on the SCAR platform without ever having to worry about hands, fingers or gear getting hung up. Simply a pleasure I tell you and the best part for me personally as I continue to shoot my SCAR more and more and use my E.A.C.H. more and more is the fact that I no longer have to think about the charging handle in anyway, shape or form. It just happens naturally. I can't say enough about my E.A.C.H.'s on my SCARS!!! Good luck GLOCK17DB9 on whichever route you choose to go but IMHO I would give the SCAR E.A.C.H. a very serious look and I am willing to bet if you don't like it...someone on this board will snatch it right up from you in the for sale thread!

Edit - - I tried the factory charging handle and the GGG charging handle...they both sucked....they got in the way of my ELCAN.....I did not like either of them!!
If that aint a sales pitch, I dont know what is. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I started with GG&G, and it was to small and smooth for my big mitts; so my wife bought me a HDD for Christmas and it had way to much play in the Bolt Carrier Group Slot, feeling really sloppy awkward when charging. Finally I purchased the EACH, and it is by far the best charging handle that I have used to date; in fact, the designed shape is conducive to effortless cycling in all conditions. I sold the GG&G, but kept the HDD in my closet with the rest of those thoughtfully received Christmas gifts that are just plain useless! Most people only buy one angled charging handle, so by nature are happy with the choice they have made, resulting in a singular product review and not a comparative one.
DSCN2631.JPG DSCN2846.JPG

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I have the angled gg&g and I like it. To me the each looks way too big. It clears my scope mounts and works fine, so I'm all good with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Charging handle -- another puzzling "must-do" modification I don't get at all.

If it conflicts with something mounted on the rail, turn the rail mount/knobs around
to the other side to save knuckles.

I find handles that angle down run my fingers into the raised bracket on left side
(which can't be moved) -- worse than factory handle, which feels exactly right.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I had the GG&G and did not have a problem with the second one I ordered. The first one I ordered did not fit but sent it back with no issue. Other than it was not aesthetically pleasing. The E.A.C.H. I have now is more ergonomic and it looks like it belongs on the rifle. Either way functionally you will be fine.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I like my GG&G handle because it's quite long, and is very easy to grab using just your peripheral vision. I have mine installed on the left side, angled upwards. This allows me a bit of consistency with my ARs when doing malf. drills, and enables me to lock the gun open with one hand. I also reversed my optic mount so the levers are on the right side, and covered the top rail with ladder covers, thus creating a smooth, clear path for my hand to travel with no concerns about skinning my knuckles or bumping the lock levers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts