FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know this is probably a no-brainer, but I got burned trying to replace the front rails on my SCAR 17.

FN SCAR Accessories :: SCAR Quick Detach Rear<br/> Sling Attachment - GG&G Tactical Rifle Accessories - Military & Assault Rifle Parts For Sale

I am waiting on a new SCAR 16 and want a QD set-up similar to what I run on my AR.

Do the rear screws just come out, or do I need to be careful of anything when I install this?

Anybody have any thoughts on using a rear QD for a single point sling for "run&gun" carbine classes?

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
When I did it on my 17 it was the easiest mod other then putting on sarg each on there. I bought the rear and front ones also for my 16 but won't be installing it until I get it sometime next week I hope.

·
Registered
687 Posts
My GG&G rear QD mounts went on both my 16S and 17S without any issues. Very easy to install.
Just keep in mind that you are working with aluminum, so standard warnings about over-torquing apply.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Be careful! Use heat and get a good driver or high quality allen wrench. I'm going through this now and have one stripped head and the otherone very close. I've tried heat and it still stripped... stupid me.. I used the cheapo wrench that G&G included.... big mistake!

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
Installation on my 16 was very easy, but it is a good idea to have the heat gun handy.

·
Registered
687 Posts

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I e-mailed GG&G a month or so ago about this. They said that the counter sink/screw length issue had been resolved. The thing that I always wondered is how many of the "defective" units are out in circulation. I'm sure if you buy direct through GG&G you are GTG. I have a couple on the bench that need to be installed but I didn't buy them direct. Keep your fingers crossed for me! :?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts