FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Looks interesting, but his explanation as to why it was needed was pretty ridiculous.

Other than that I would like to see the carbine he was talking about.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the same thing about what he said.. Wondering what kind of price tag they will put on it.

·
Registered
841 Posts
No hate to anyone who wants one, but absolutely ludicrous IMO.

If you really want "maximum firepower in minimum time" or however he said it in the video, sub the 5.56 round for a 7.62x51 (e.g. SBR SCAR 17S) and be done with it.

If you really want a 5.56 carbine with burst fire capability, get one of the TacCon positive reset triggers... http://tacconusa.com/

·
Registered
703 Posts
Well, it's good at sending 2 rounds of 5.56 downrange at the same time.

But I'm sure you never have a bulls eye. Two bullet holes downrange, on either side of the bullseye will make precision work a little harder.

But hey, the idea is you get 2 bullet holes instead of 1, so interesting idea.

I see this going nowhere.
It's a neat novelty, but if someone asked me to invest "my" money into this potential business idea, I would pass.

After the initial investment money runs out, I see this fizzling off & dying out.

They will sell a few though... the question is how many?

·
Registered
3,731 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I don't plan on buying this thing for any marksman competitions or anything long range. Simply for the fact of having "something crazy/different". Thats assuming it's not a 3k gun

·
Premium Member
9,524 Posts
I'll admit it, I'd love to shoot one. As to actually buying one? Probably not.

Reactions: Green Beret

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
I see a potential for a gatling gun setup. One offset bell crank, to fire one barrel then the other.

Reactions: Green Beret

·
Premium Member
9,524 Posts
How do they get around the one trigger pull fires 2 rounds thing with the ATF?
Two triggers, I guess. Like my coach gun...not that I've had a desire to let both barrels go at the same time...I like my shoulder in socket.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
How do they get around the one trigger pull fires 2 rounds thing with the ATF?
There are two triggers, so it's technically two pulls, you're just using one finger lol.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I think I would have edited out the FTE jam and the FTF, or the bolt dose not lock open on last round. Must kick bad by the way the test shooter flinches during the FTF , bet he lays down some sweet groups !

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Lol...I'm not gonna lie. If I hit the Powerball tonight I'm gonna be one of the first people to order one of these just because. If I don't win the Powerball then no, I'll just continue to save for another Scar.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts