FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone pick up a Girsan MC P35 High Power Clone? I just got one and although I haven't taken it to the range yet, it looks very well made with components comparable to the FN. BHP has also reviewed the gun and they look positive. The cost is two to three hundred cheaper than the Springfield Armory SA 35.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

·
Registered
473 Posts
And I put this up not to bash as I almost bought 2 of them. The new FNH Hi Power relaunch is just a little too not Hi Power for me. Springfield's, well I am an IL FFL screwed over by the crap they pulled getting in bed with the anti gunners here in IL and creating the FLDA

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hate to sound dumb, but what is FLDA? I reviewed the video from BH Springs, albeit I still believe that the Girsan is a good buy. I haven't seen a Springfield but am very disappointed in the dealers selling them at 750 to 1200, which is above MSRP. The Girsan is 500 to 600, comes in a nice gun box to protect the gun. These are just some of my observations; I do have a FN High Power and although it is old, still a very sweet shooting gun and I am hopeful the Girsan will be the same... Al

·
Registered
310 Posts
Not in the market for a Girsan, but I saw a video that showed other versions of their HP that included different sights, beavertails, etc. - features that would otherwise be available from a custom shop. It'll be interesting to see how their product line develops. If Girsan play their cards right they might end up owning the apex of the new Hi Power market.
If they did a fully tricked out HP in 40 S&W I could be tempted.

Reactions: Al Marin

·
Registered
473 Posts
I hate to sound dumb, but what is FLDA? I
Firearm Dealer License Act
The gun grabbers in Chicago came up with a giant scheme to regulate FLL's. According to the governor of IL all the gun crime were caused by the ATF not regulatiing FFL"s in IL. enough. They passed a giant over reaching series of regulations and red tape. It cost thousands to comply and even now are still trying to interpret the law through JSTAR. Sort of we passed the law and now we need to find out what is in it. The result wast more than half the FLL's in IL surrendering Thier license and closing business. Springfield Armory lobbied for the passing of law since they made sure there was an exemption for themselves screwing over all IL FFL's

·
Registered
87 Posts
Firearm Dealer License Act

They passed a giant over reaching series of regulations and red tape. It cost thousands to comply and even now are still trying to interpret the law through JSTAR. Sort of we passed the law and now we need to find out what is in it. The result wast more than half the FLL's in IL surrendering Their license and closing business.

Springfield Armory lobbied for the passing of law since they made sure there was an exemption for themselves screwing over all IL FFL's
It was a Pro-2A lobby group started by SA and Rock River Arms that supported the new law... SA issued an apology, for what it's worth. The loss of so many FFLs in Illinois is tragic.

A bigger problem with SA is they do not know much about High Powers and have released a "not really made in America" pistol with problems they cannot address at the factory.

Cheers,

Tim

·
Registered
473 Posts
The group was only SA and RRA. It was not pro gun it was pro protect l a large corporation and screw the little people. You don't have a lobbiest you're paying almost 250 grand working for you and not know what he was doing. SA pulled some sh!t and got called out for it and then went into full damage control afterwards, including dozens of paid for internet stories about how innocent they where.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Total craziness! I live in Texas, to date I don't see a change; however, there is a real possibility that the Federal Government might try something before November.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts