FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my first SCAR 16, overpaid for it because it was during the panic. A buddy who owns a gun store was using it as a display piece at a local gun show, had a buyer that wanted it, so i told him to sell it if he got me a new one. 2nd SCAR 16 came right around the time I got the 17, wasn't interested in the 16 anymore so I ended up selling it.

Found a used one online for $1675 shipped. Used... It looks brand new! SCORE!

Picked it up yesterday, filed my form 1 yesterday already, so this one is staying in the family for a while.

Here is my SCAR collection.

·
Premium Member
9,866 Posts
Congrats..again! Third time is a charm, man. I read that in a fortune cookie, I think. That Form 1 will surely make it easier to hold on to this one.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Besides the price what drew you back?

Personally I am attached to the 16. What stands out to me is that I can hit a 2" target at 200 yards with ease. That's with Lake City M855. I'm sure if I fed it some match ammo it could do a lot better than that. Yes it's expensive but for what you get I am not complaining. It's also light and dead reliable. Shoots nice suppressed too even though it's a piston gun. I am not even tempted to wear hearing protection when shooting suppressed.

Reactions: thenihipali5

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Nice pair!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Honestly I like my SBR AR15 better than the SCAR16 in stock configuration. But due to the cheaper price of this latest 16, after having the barrel cut/threaded AND ATF stamp... It might be my #1 rifle.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If I was in Alamo mode with nothing but a rifle and as much ammo as I can schlep to save my bacon until help arrived there is absolutely nothing I'd rather have than my SCAR 16S and an ACOG.

Text Font Signage

·
Registered
961 Posts
If I find a deal like you did on a 16s I may have one in my collection, but it will have to impress the ****e out of me to make me want to put down my Tavor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts