FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my first SCAR 16, overpaid for it because it was during the panic. A buddy who owns a gun store was using it as a display piece at a local gun show, had a buyer that wanted it, so i told him to sell it if he got me a new one. 2nd SCAR 16 came right around the time I got the 17, wasn't interested in the 16 anymore so I ended up selling it.

Found a used one online for $1675 shipped. Used... It looks brand new! SCORE!

Picked it up yesterday, filed my form 1 yesterday already, so this one is staying in the family for a while.

Here is my SCAR collection.

·
Premium Member
9,931 Posts
Congrats..again! Third time is a charm, man. I read that in a fortune cookie, I think. That Form 1 will surely make it easier to hold on to this one.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Besides the price what drew you back?

Personally I am attached to the 16. What stands out to me is that I can hit a 2" target at 200 yards with ease. That's with Lake City M855. I'm sure if I fed it some match ammo it could do a lot better than that. Yes it's expensive but for what you get I am not complaining. It's also light and dead reliable. Shoots nice suppressed too even though it's a piston gun. I am not even tempted to wear hearing protection when shooting suppressed.

Reactions: thenihipali5

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Nice pair!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
No rifle or carbine feels more right to me than the SCAR 16S. You can cover the .223 base cheaper but not better.
That's what I'm looking to read.. My 17s out of the box, is right on line out to 100+. My AR though, needs some work.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Honestly I like my SBR AR15 better than the SCAR16 in stock configuration. But due to the cheaper price of this latest 16, after having the barrel cut/threaded AND ATF stamp... It might be my #1 rifle.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If I was in Alamo mode with nothing but a rifle and as much ammo as I can schlep to save my bacon until help arrived there is absolutely nothing I'd rather have than my SCAR 16S and an ACOG.

Text Font Signage

·
Registered
961 Posts
If I find a deal like you did on a 16s I may have one in my collection, but it will have to impress the ****e out of me to make me want to put down my Tavor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts