1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
asd

Part 2 is up:

Summary:
500 rounds fired, including Magtech ball, WWB ball, Tula ball, Remington/UMC ball, PMC ball, Remington Golden Saber 185 +P, custom match ammo built with 185 Speer Gold Dots, and one magazine of LRN at the end. I had to use bronze and then steel wool to get all the lead out... won't be doing that again. :D

One FTF with Tula, on the second round out of the 7th magazine through the pistol. No further malfunctions with Tula or any other ammo.

I and a friend evaluated shooting/handling characteristics compared to a Gen 3 Glock 21, and we both preferred the Glock 41. My friend felt it recoiled a bit less and returned to center faster and preferred the 41's trigger. I felt the lighter gun (the 41) recoiled slightly more, but still preferred it.

I shot 4 groups from an impromptu rest at 16 yards (about as far as I could safely get in that range) and the G21 printed better groups than the G41, at least with me behind it. It's not really a valid sample and I'd have to shoot a bunch more groups, ideally from a ransom rest, but I really don't enjoy shooting paper from a bench so this is as good as it's going to get. :) Measurements for each group edge to edge are in the video; but IIRC approximately 2.25" groups for G21, and maybe 3"-3.25" groups for the G41. I'll post up the actual numbers later if I remember.

I also compared subjective recoil and muzzle flip compared to a Para-Ordnance P14-45 limited, a Dan Wesson Heritage full size 1911, a stainless Colt Combat Commander, and a German SIG P220. The P220 felt quite similar in recoil to the G41, while the others had slightly less recoil but not as great a difference as you might think (or I expected). The G41 really handles the big .45 rounds well.

Overall, very impressive out of the box reliability, accuracy, and "fun to shoot" factor. I think it's a keeper.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

One point, which I should have addressed. The G21 I was shooting had Trijicon 3-dot night sights. So the sights may have had something to do with the difference in groups. Though I was shooting with a 6-o'clock hold below the "bull" (a black sticky dot on a white background) so I would hope that would help negate the difference in sights.

I would claim fatigue influencing groups but I shot the G41 first.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Posting initial accuracy results for those who don't want to find it in the video: 5-shot groups from 16 yards, seated, gun rested on ammo box. Ammo was match ammo built with 185 grain Speer Gold Dots. Caveat: I'm NOT good at shooting paper from the bench. But IMO the groups were consistent enough to demonstrate an initial advantage in accuracy in favor of the Gen 3 G21. With this ammo, with me behind it, on this range, on this day. :)

G41 groups measured edge to edge
1. 2 ¾”
2. 3 ¼”
3. 3 3/8”
4. 3”

G21 groups measured edge to edge
1. 2 7/8”
2. 2 ¼”
3. 2 1/8”
4. 2”

·
Registered
1 Posts
glock 41 vs 21

hi 1kperday, i´m javier from argentina. so, you can say that the 21 gen3 is more accurate than the 41 ? my trouble is that i have a 21 gen3 and was asking if the 41 is more accurate to buy it.
thanks, best regards

Posting initial accuracy results for those who don't want to find it in the video: 5-shot groups from 16 yards, seated, gun rested on ammo box. Ammo was match ammo built with 185 grain Speer Gold Dots. Caveat: I'm NOT good at shooting paper from the bench. But IMO the groups were consistent enough to demonstrate an initial advantage in accuracy in favor of the Gen 3 G21. With this ammo, with me behind it, on this range, on this day. :)

G41 groups measured edge to edge
1. 2 ¾”
2. 3 ¼”
3. 3 3/8”
4. 3”

G21 groups measured edge to edge
1. 2 7/8”
2. 2 ¼”
3. 2 1/8”
4. 2”

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sent you a PM, but yes, In my testing the Gen 3 G21 was slightly more accurate than the Gen 4 G41. Your results may vary. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts