FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around and couldn't find much reviews on this subject
Yes I am a new owner of an fns 40. But I put have put a couple hundred rounds of 230 gr.
rem golden saber through my sf 1911 worked to the gills and back, and 124gr +p through
my gen4 g19 with out a single hick up. If any of you have a link to point me in the right direction
much appreciated. But have any of you had issues with this ammo? Or pro's and con's as a persinal
defense /home defense rounds in this pistol with 180gr. BJHP?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about that. Have any of you had feeding issues with this ammo? Or functioning issues
with this round in an fns40?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Best advice I can give is get a box or two and run it. I have an FNS 9, not an FNS 40, but I have yet to find anything it won't eat. In fact, the majority of my range ammo is steel-cased Tul Ammo and it runs flawlessly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have run 2 boxes of Golden Saber through my .40LS Twenty Five rounds of standard 165 grain and Twenty Five rounds of 180 grain Bonded. No problems at all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you guys for the reply!
And yes I have ran a couple mag's of this ammo throught this fire arm with no issue but accuracy at a 5yd distance was very limited. Maybe the sweat on my hands at the time. I have only owned this item four a couple weeks and have already ran close to 600 rds through it. And my friend who never shot a pistol dropped it sand open chamber un loaded thank god! I picked it up put a mag In and started to keep firing if it couldn't handle that it ain't worth Beeing in my house. But did very well. With this ammo com paired to my other pistoles did really bad at such a short distance. Any thing from tul- win 165gr-180gr I'm getting 6in groups at a 100yrds with the fns-40 so I think I need a couple more boxes of this and other very well known self defense ammo to make a real decision

1 - 9 of 9 Posts