FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone suggest any good towns East of Columbia, SC to live in? I may have a job opportunity out there so looking for towns East up to 30 min away. Give me some positives if you can because I have to sell it to my wife and it's a tough sale!

Also good school systems are a very important factor.

Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I lived 30 mins east of Columbia, SC a few years ago when I was stationed at Shaw AFB. A lil place called Sumter, SC. Do yourself a favor and steer clear, its like metro Atlanta out there. Kid once got mowed down by an AK when he knocked on a door on Holloween, the drug dealer thought he was the cops.

If I got stationed out there again I'd probably live in Columbia, most likely around the Lexington area. If you have to live East of Columbia, Florence is a decent enough choice. Its about 45-1hr East of Columbia and an hour or so West of Mrytle Beach.

Reactions: Milspec

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Camden would be better, but it difficult to generalize here in South Carolina. You might want to look into a good realtor. Even if you just plan to rent, many realtors keep rental listings, they do it to get your future business. They know the areas pretty. Columbia is a good choice, however it too has bad areas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts