FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my FNX 40 on armslist for 550 a few days ago. Someone wrote me back offering a straight trade for a nighthawk customs 870. Does this sound like a good deal? From what I can tell, nighthawk 870s are kinda pricey.

·
Registered
482 Posts
If you wanted a shotgun it would definitely be in your favor. If you decide to sell it later on too I still think you would come out ahead.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was thinking. I would probably just resell it or trade it for a profit at the next gun show. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
That almost sounds TOO good to be true. A new Nighthawk Custom 870 is almost twice as much as a new FNX40. I'd be cautious.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That almost sounds TOO good to be true. A new Nighthawk Custom 870 is almost twice as much as a new FNX40. I'd be cautious.
I was thinking that as well. He sent pics and it looks legit, but I will be giving it a good look before I do the trade. FWIW he said the gun is about a year old. That still puts in the $900 range.

There's no easy way to tell if a gun is stolen is there?

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
You can always ask for serial and call Nighthawk to confirm.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
You can always ask for serial and call Nighthawk to confirm.
That wouldn't necessarily tell you if it were stolen though. If the owner called Nighthawk and gave them the serial of the stolen gun, then yes, they would know, but probably not likely. You'd probably need to call the ATF with serial #.

·
Registered
272 Posts
it depends. some guys just want to unload something... i traded my 500 dollar glock 17 for a 950 dollar Kahr P45NS in all black (extra $ for black).

sometimes it just fits the need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts