FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tea party is just such a pain to these guys. If you pay attention......you'll see they are currently setting them up for FAILURE, RIGHT NOW. Get ready for more of the same. Ever wonder why they aren't doing anything serious regarding the IRS scandal???? You think they REALLY mind the IRS targeting the tea party....LOL

RNC spokesman Jahan Wilcox deletes tweet calling Matt Bevin a ?fraud? | Twitchy

·
Registered
320 Posts
The GOP establishment is under the assumption that the American people are fed up with Obama and democrats and will vote for anyone or anything that opposes them. Basically, the GOP establishment doesn't think they need the Tea Party anymore to take back power. They're risking the well being of the country on a hunch. Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and Marco Rubio have taken too much of their spotlight.

I, like many others, won't vote for just anyone that opposes the democrats. Having Harry Reid or someone similar as president is no better than having Hillary Clinton in my opinion. So let the GOP establishment continue fighting amongst their own republican party. They can all go to hell for all I care.

To be so evil towards a group that shares your views just because they're not in the club is ridiculous and not vote worthy.

Jason

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
No offense, but I am pretty sure that for the long term success of their "agenda" people like Bloomberg and Shannon Watts are counting on folks like you to think that way.
This is ****ty, but true. And the GOP establishment count on the same thing.

Freedom minded individuals need to learn to deal with incrementalism, it's the way the game is played currently. So one candidate here and there is good enough for now while the lesser evil is in charge. It will eventually snowball into something bigger, just look at the UKIP in England.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I would be nice if the tea party were elected and get rid of the dems and a lot of the republicans also, the whole bunch are worthless liars!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Politics is not about perfection. It is about the art of the possible.
Which is why we need fewer politicians. As us peons dream about the 'possible', they slowly pocket more and more of our freedoms, not to mention BILLIONS of our tax dollars. Republicans, Democrats, ZERO difference. All concerned with ONE THING. Power. I don't believe for ONE SECOND, that the MOMENT it becomes politically prudent, EVERY SINGLE ONE of those lousy scumsuckers will suddenly see the light and gun control will be the order of the day. ZERO principles. Money only.

But hey, we can hope for change, right? After all, if we don't vote for them, the boogey man is going to get us, for sure.....

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Which is why we need fewer politicians. As us peons dream about the 'possible', they slowly pocket more and more of our freedoms, not to mention BILLIONS of our tax dollars. Republicans, Democrats, ZERO difference. All concerned with ONE THING. Power. I don't believe for ONE SECOND, that the MOMENT it becomes politically prudent, EVERY SINGLE ONE of those lousy scumsuckers will suddenly see the light and gun control will be the order of the day. ZERO principles. Money only.

But hey, we can hope for change, right? After all, if we don't vote for them, the boogey man is going to get us, for sure.....
I wouldn't count on change. How is the situation you describe any different from politics in every democratic society ever? Take, say, ancient republican Rome: just substitute optimates, populares and gladius for Democrats, Republicans and guns and it would be just as true.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I suspect it isn't.

So, you suggestion is to just wait for the empire to fall? Keep eating the same sh** sandwich? Realize i am merely a poor dumb plebe?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
"I suspect it isn't"...what are you referring to?

No. What I am saying is that human societies are always made of the same clay: humans. The things you mention, while upsetting, have emerged eventually in every democratic society that experienced any durability and success. That should tell us something.

·
Registered
320 Posts
No offense, but I am pretty sure that for the long term success of their "agenda" people like Bloomberg and Shannon Watts are counting on folks like you to think that way.
None taken. I have an agenda of my own. It might work or it might not. I'm risking the same thing as the GOP establishment. I'll not vote for them this year if they don't allow the Tea Party a voice. Maybe they'll learn a lesson when they lose and the Tea Party voice will be heard again once they're more desperate. It's all about how much pain we're willing to take to get a job done. If the democrats hold the Senate and win the Presidency in 2016, it will be painful. Whom will say uncle first? The GOP establishment or the people like me?

I hate politics nearly as much as I hate politicians. If they want my vote, they will need to work for it. I won't settle for the lesser of two evils. I'll just wait for SHTF when the American people say enough is enough.

Jason

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How is the situation you describe any different from politics in every democratic society ever?
I suspect it isn't.

What I am saying is that human societies are always made of the same clay: humans. The things you mention, while upsetting, have emerged eventually in every democratic society that experienced any durability and success. That should tell us something.
While this may be true, what should it tell us? To roll over and accept our fate? Just don't fight it? Seems fairly self perpetuating to me.

Or, we can stand up, and use our voices to show we are capable of learning form the past. May be inevitable, who knows. But are you really content to shrug your shoulders and say, "oh well, nothing I can do".?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
47% of Congress Members Millionaires — a Status Shared by Only 1% of Americans

47% of Congress Members Millionaires ? a Status Shared by Only 1% of Americans - ABC News

For what? Insider trading? Kickbacks? I'm in the wrong line of work. Too bad I don't meet the qualifications... like a complete lack of morals.

Jason
It's much worse than that. Check the article. Then, tell me about what the industry in DC is that produces such massive wealth. High tech? Bio tech? Finance? Nope, just your friendly neighborhood government. And lobbying. Forgot that one.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The Roman empire lasted more than 600 years. The former Soviet Union lasted 69 years. So far we've lasted 237 years.

Evil prevails when good men do nothing or something along those lines. I believe in the system of our forefathers. The problem is keeping the train on the tracks. Especially difficult when the public is mostly ignorant and/or spoiled.

Jason

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
The Roman empire lasted more than 600 years. The former Soviet Union lasted 69 years. So far we've lasted 237 years.

Evil prevails when good men do nothing or something along those lines. I believe in the system of our forefathers. The problem is keeping the train on the tracks. Especially difficult when the public is mostly ignorant and/or spoiled.

Jason
Roman Republic + Empire, yes. Roman Republic, no.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts