FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my christmas bouns I bought a Ruger MKIII 5.5 inch bullbarrel... Well I knew it would be the last gun buy for a long time and I needed a cheep shooter.... I love it I Had a S&W 22a 10+ years ago dam thing never worked right......But this is just Sweet and cheep to shoot!

Sorry about the Stock pic....

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Cool. I don't have a 22lr pistol yet. :(

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was not priced too bad either 299.99 on GB plus 10.00 shipping....OTD i paid like 325.00

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Well, I was going to get a Ruger 22/45 - but Mike at Champion told me I'd probably need a ruber mallet to get it apart in the beginning.

Anyway - I rented a Buckmark, and liked it a lot. When I compred the feel of the Ruger grip to the Browning - I liked the Browning better. And, with the easier disassembly - it was a plus.

I can't say that it never jams. But, it works about 85% of the time. I only have about 700 rounds thru it. It's just a 22, so I'm not expecting 100% reliability out of it, like I demand from my other guns. And, it may get better with more use.

·
Vendor
5,657 Posts
I have a mark II and I think i got it for $159.00 back in 1990. It has NEVER jammed and It is very accurate. Yes... It is a liitle problematic to reassemble after cleaning but well worth the trouble. :? 22s are great to practice with.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everyone needs a .22 pistol and rifle, they are way too fun.

I have a Mark II, love it, if I didn't have a Mark II already I would get the III.

When they are brand new youll have no problem taking it apart to field stripping it, but have fun getting it back together :lol:

My first time I went back to the gun shop with the it apart.

http://www.guntalk-online.com/fsprocedures.htm

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/ruger-mark-ii-field-stripping-guide-applies-to-mark-iii-/49937272

I have heard the horry stories I cant wait..... :roll:

Thats a great help
Thx :?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I was going to get a Ruger 22/45 - but Mike at Champion told me I'd probably need a ruber mallet to get it apart in the beginning.

Anyway - I rented a Buckmark, and liked it a lot. When I compred the feel of the Ruger grip to the Browning - I liked the Browning better. And, with the easier disassembly - it was a plus.

I can't say that it never jams. But, it works about 85% of the time. I only have about 700 rounds thru it. It's just a 22, so I'm not expecting 100% reliability out of it, like I demand from my other guns. And, it may get better with more use.
I did not like the poly frame...on the 22/45......

·
Banned
83 Posts

Here's a pic of my old Ruger..Clark internals and trigger, Clark magazine release conversion, German silver grips made by a friend for me up in Vermont.
This gun is deadly accurate! A fun pistol to shoot!

·
Registered
857 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Ship - It shouldn't jam 15% of the time. Mine is just about 100% jam free and I don't even clean it that often. I don't even remember any jamming problems when it was new.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts