FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this up yesterday - I am now be selling all my PS90 stuff to pay for it. Thankfully, I have a deal pending...

I bought this FDE Sig 516 at a fairly new local gun store. They matched the price of the gun that another shop sells it for but was out of stock. So, it ended up being $200 less than their marked price.

They also let me upgrade to a different Magpul stock than the one already on the gun, and they only charged me the difference between the two (so, about $45 more instead of $94.95 for the new stock - they will use the one that came off on something else). Also, they changed the trigger guard piece for me (it was like $6), and they swoped the unopened black magpul mag for a FDE one. And, I picked up the forward magpul grip as well :)

I REALLY like that shop.

Great gun. Once I sell the PS90, I'll be getting another Mepro 21 for this new gun...

i finally got around to taking it apart and cleaning it this morning. Also ordered my optic :) can't wait to try it out at the range :)

See how it compares to my SCAR.

i have a CX4 which is kinda short. So, I do not think I will miss the Ps90 too much. I rarely even shot the one I have much. I previously had a second one that I had for longer, and that was the one I typically fired. Finding ammo is always a pain, and I never wanted to touch my stash. So, I just never shot the damn thing.

now, I can share mags and ammo with my SCAR...

·
Registered
876 Posts
I like the FDE it looks sweet. IMHO the Sig 516 is so completely under-rated. Decided I was going to get a piston AR and I have a friend who is a big collector of AR's. We went to the range with the Sig 516, HK MR556, and a LWRC forgot the model. I shot all of them and honestly the Sig was my favorite.....yes even against the HK. So I bought one and haven't regretted it. One thing that I would highly recommend is getting the bolt carrier Cerakoted with Micro Slick Dry Film Coating. I just wipe the carbon off with an old rag and run a bore snake through the barrel. Done!

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Looks good!

I wish these had been out when I was getting my AR.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the FDE it looks sweet. IMHO the Sig 516 is so completely under-rated. Decided I was going to get a piston AR and I have a friend who is a big collector of AR's. We went to the range with the Sig 516, HK MR556, and a LWRC forgot the model. I shot all of them and honestly the Sig was my favorite.....yes even against the HK. So I bought one and haven't regretted it. One thing that I would highly recommend is getting the bolt carrier Cerakoted with Micro Slick Dry Film Coating. I just wipe the carbon off with an old rag and run a bore snake through the barrel. Done!
Ok, I'll keep that in mind.

Looks good!

I wish these had been out when I was getting my AR.
I came so close to getting one last year, but went with the SCAR. Still been looking ever since.

I wasn't able to get a FDE SCAR last year due to availability. So, I made up for it with this :p

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I may be getting the 516 upper...I just got an extra lwrc ambi lower, and I'd like something reasonably priced to mount on it...I've thought heavy on the 516. That's a nice looking rifle for sure. Congrats ! Post up how she shoots please. : )

·
Registered
600 Posts
Nice!! I've always liked sigs weapons, right now all I have in the sig flavor is an early all green 556 commando. Great score congrats I like it and wouldn't mind having one myself.
Let us know how it shoots and runs after some range time.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Every time I read your posts, my brain sounds it out in Hans Gruber's voice.

Congrats Shipwreck!

Reactions: ShipWreck

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Nice, I had a 1st gen 516. Reliable rifle, never failed me once. Shot super clean too. The only con is it's nose heavy.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Nice rifle ShipWreck. I've been thinking about getting the same thing. One of these days. Thanks for the pic! Looks great.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts