FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jumped in, head first, on my first real Gunbroker auction, and won a Springfield Armory EMP.

I took it to the range, last night, and I left there disappointed, . . . . . that I had only brought a box of 50 rounds. :cry: It was fun to shoot, and gave me no problems of any kind. It is far more accurate than I am, and as I get to know the gun more, I expect my groups to greatly improve!

Weird thing, though. My brother brought his CZ Rami and I think it had more felt recoil than my EMP.

Anyway, this EMP is VERY well made. Normally, the other pistols that I or my brother have owned, had a small bit of play between the frame and the slide. The EMP is SOLID.

The Trijicon night sights work amazingly well, and I can even see their glow when in a not so dark room. Quite impressive. Too bad it only last for ~ 10 years. :roll:

Overall, it was a great purchase!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My plan is to use it for CCW, yes.

As for the crimson trace, probably not. I've spent too much already! :oops:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Cool. Glad to hear the positive comments. I really want to get one someday. Maybe the Kimber CDP will force SA to lower the price on the EMP.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw a picture of one where a guy had his slide refinished in a dark color. Looks good that way too!

Thanks for the compliment. It is the best pistol I own, quality wise.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Wouldnt hurt, i love looking at guns!

·
Registered
873 Posts
I was shocked at the list price of this weapon.

But then I've never understood 1911 pricing anyway.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
i was thinking that there was a high demand for them but i would be wrong

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
The price is what has kept me off of them so far. IF I ever did buy one, I wouldn't carry it. I'm not screwing up the finish on a $1000 gun :lol:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
+1

·
Registered
412 Posts
Congrats! Nice gun!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No congrats here, please. In fact, I'm selling it, actually because of the reason which ShipWreck illuded to, . . . . . it is really too expensive to actually carry, and the black finish would easily get scratched with use. It is too expensive of a toy for me to keep.

I'm going to look for something cheaper to carry, maybe even a poly frame. Maybe a Scyy. . . . . . . . . . . hehehe, just kidding. :lol:

It's bitter sweet. I love the gun and it really does look nice, and shoots great, . . . . . but I can't justify it for why I bought it.

Also, it is a LITTLE bigger than I thought. Those guys on YouTube must have huge hands!!! :roll:

Anyway, it will be sold in a few days. :cry: Oh well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts