FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Christmas to me from me. I got notified that my name came up on the wait list for their most recent shipment of 17's. Hopefully later this week or early next week I will be the proud owner of a black Scar 17s. The news is a little bittersweet though as I am having major shoulder surgery this Thursday to fix a labral tear from deployment. I might have to get a bipod and go shoot her left handed when the anesthesia wears out.

·
Registered
641 Posts
You can always fold the stock and shoot from the hip haha.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Congrats! Good luck with your surgery.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lucky me! It got here the day before my surgery. I'm gonna go clean this beautiful rifle and try to get to the range today before sun down. Gotta hand it to OMB they shipped it on Monday and it's already here. As the precious poster stated the price is great but you do have to be military or law enforcement. I think they sell to non-mil/le as well but not sure what those prices are.

·
Premium Member
9,528 Posts
Congrats and here's to a quick recovery!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was able to put fifty rounds down range today. I really love the gun. It feels great and looks awesome. The trigger is a little heavy compared to my M&P 10 but I was still able to hold decent groups. Also, anybody else have issues with the bolt not locking back on new scars? Or is it likely I have a bad magazine? I was loading three to five rounds at a time between reloads and several times the bolt did not lock open. Also when I got home I noticed that the magazine was not holding it open when empty. Other than that I love this beast and can't wait to get some new glass for it and really see what it can do. The aimpoint pro I was using off another of my rifles really doesn't do it justice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts