FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just picked this rifle up. This is an OD Green model, so please pardon the camera for making it look like it's any other color. I'm still new to the FN series of bullpups and all of their firearms though. If anyone can help, please identify the trigger pack. I've given up since I had the PS90 and was told it was a Gen1 and it was a Gen3. I got too confused on that.

I'm feeling like this isn't the FS2000 I wanted though. There's someone selling a Standard model locally for $2000 flat with the rail on it and a sling. Like new, 200 rounds or less through it. Should I sell this one and get the "big tuna" or just hold on to this one? What is this rifle actually worth depending on its trigger pack? I have the box and all that came with this rifle. The previous owner said it has about 5 magazines run through it. Another reason I'm debating selling is because the all black model is really growing on me...

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Gen 1 pack.

Reactions: SyxTnynE

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Before trading for another model or selling this one I would call FN cutomer service and order a trigger pack. The one you will get is a Gen2 which works the same in this carbine. They are $62. Keep your Gen 1 pack.

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
I would hold onto it , I have a OD 1 my self with both packs ( Gen 1 & Gen 2 ) just to be complete.
I'm trying to pick up a Black 1 if the price is right, I don't want to over pay just to have both colors, plus I'm on a waiting list or " wish list " for a Colt M45 pistol, and if that ever becomes available I will need about 2k to secure the delivery.....
Also if you got the OD tool kit with it, hold onto the site adjustment tool, it is also the same site tool for the 5.7 ( MK1 ) which has been discontinued.
Just my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
9,491 Posts
I'd keep the one you have. I have the Standard, but if I were to make the purchase again, I'd go with the Tactical. The Standard's optic is slower to acquire (for me at least) than a good RDS. While the Standard does have a rail under the hood, it is lower and shorter than the Tactical. I had to add a rail riser to get a good cheek weld with an ACOG. Plus, other than some very rudimentary notches on the hood, there are no iron sites on the Standard.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well thanks guys! I was thinking of keeping the trigger pack and orderig another if it's really that "rare" but everything has it's price I guess. I like the OD, but the black one has been growing on me. Specifically the Standard model FS2000.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I've been heading that often with the standard model. I guess it's just the "cool factor" and the fact that it was used in splinter cell that makes me want it lol

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Check the firing pin to see if it's a true Gen 1 rifle.

·
Premium Member
9,491 Posts
Yeah, I've been heading that often with the standard model. I guess it's just the "cool factor" and the fact that it was used in splinter cell that makes me want it lol
I'm not trying to talk you off the Standard. I've actually grown to love the humpback, but there was about a year of teeth gnashing and "should have". Ultimately get what makes you happy.

Reactions: SyxTnynE

·
Registered
877 Posts
I say keep the OD Tactical, you have a much wider choice of options when it comes to optics. The rail on the Tactical is metal, while the Standard is polymer.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Tactical.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Check the firing pin to see if it's a true Gen 1 rifle.
Will do, but what am I looking for to ensure it's a true gen1? I know the guy said he bought it a long time ago and hasn't changed a thing on it, but being that I don't know him, that holds about the same amount of weight that the stuff I can scrape off my shoe does. The serial number of the rifle is 0052** if that helps any in determining.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts