FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - despite the best efforts of the post office to be late (I shoulda had this in hand Friday), I FINALLY got my 9mm Walther PPQ in very late Saturday.

Once I picked up that Walther P99 again (used to have a few - got another one last month), I decided to break down and get a PPQ. I've looked at them ever since they came out. I would have preferred the version with the paddle mag release, but those are no longer available.

Anyway - I got 4 new magazines for it Friday - so, I actually have my minimum of 6 total all in the beginning. A first for me. So, I don't have to try and get one here and there now

Can't wait to go shoot it!

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Very nice. A friend of mine has the PPS and I had a chance to shoot it at the range. I shot it much better than I expected to for the first time holding it. These have really good triggers for striker fired pistols. Enjoy.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Congrats, I love mine. Get some extended magazines!

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:?very nice! PPQ M2
Thanks. I would have liked the M1 model - but they aren't being imported now. You STILL can find one, but not at the prices you can find the new M2 models from (at some of the various online gun vendors). So, I went with the M2.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks. I would have liked the M1 model - but they aren't being imported now. You STILL can find one, but not at the prices you can find the new M2 models from (at some of the various online gun vendors). So, I went with the M2.
Nice pistol. I have the M1. It is my favorite 9mm polymer pistol by a long shot. I've owned the FNS and XDM and got rid of them but the PPQ is a keeper.

Due to high demand (and the fact that the M1 & M2 mags are not interchangeable. The M1 will be re-released in the U.S. in 2014.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I like the lever mag releases (like the ones on HK p30) but they are too thin on the m1. Between m1 and m2, I prefer the m2. I think that's the only real difference between the m1 and m2?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Due to high demand (and the fact that the M1 & M2 mags are not interchangeable. The M1 will be re-released in the U.S. in 2014.
There is a lot of speculation on that - endless discussions at the Walther Forum about that. No one really knows, though.

Years and years ago, people waited 6-8 months for batches of the P99 A/S to be imported a couple of times... Walther tends to do their own thing. I didn't wanna wait and see...

I think that's the only real difference between the m1 and m2?
Pretty much...

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Are the imported ones better than the S&W ones?
They were always imported. S&W never made the P99 or PPQ. They only imported them for Walther. Walther finally established their own USA presence, after using Interarms for a while, and then S&W.

The S&W markings on the slide were only because US law requires the importer info to be on the gun.

S&W did make the SW99 years ago - that was a S&W product. But, Walther still made the frame for them. S&W made the slide and barrel, using some Walther parts to do so.

·
Registered
85 Posts
There is a lot of speculation on that - endless discussions at the Walther Forum about that. No one really knows, though.
Walther will really piss off quite a few folks off if they don't. They have a presence on Facebook and the person who mans the FB page from Walther said the M1s will be coming back in 2014. If they aren't they really should have made the M1 & M2 be able to use the same mags.

Nothing wrong with the M2 other than the mag release looks like a wart. It also looks like an afterthought.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I have always been a fan of the paddle P99 release. The levers are smaller on HKs, but it is the same concept. I like that I can use my trigger finger to drop a mag and not have to change my grip.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I really hope they resume importing the PPQ M1 again. I love Walther pistols and find the paddle mag release very easy to use. I was going to buy a PPQ but I think I'll wait for an M1.

Enjoy you new PPQ!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Nice PPQ, i'v had the PPQ navy W/treaded BRL on backorder for one of my sons for 6-8 months and still waiting it must be a rare bird, but thats what he wants.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Ok - I got to the range finally (yesterday) and put 160 rounds thru it...

Gun is accurate - Pretty good on double taps, and I did some 15 yard shooting and some 1 handed shooting.

I will say that I do prefer the P99 A/S to the PPQ. I just like it better - I guess because of the trigger. The PPQ is more "glockish." I'd also have to shoot them back to back, but the PPQ may have a tiny bit more snap to it. I'm working off memory, though,..

I did buy the gun as a range toy, knowing that I likely wouldn't carry it because it isn't DA/SA. I do occasionally carry my P99 now.

I did also rent the Sig 229 - because I have been considering saving up for a Sig M11A1 (it is essentially the same gun) in the next year. I've decided that while the recoil is pretty low, and it is DA/SA - gun just doesn't do it for me. Not at that price point... But hey - renting it is gonna save me close to $900 now :)

So far, nothing still beats my Beretta 92s for my favorite platform. Walther P99 is second. While it would be nice to still own all the guns I have sold in years past to buy the next gun I wanted at the time - I think I've wound my way thru most everything by now.

I know I have stated before that I am taking a new gun hiatus, but I am gonna attempt it again. AT THE MOMENT, there is nothing else I wanna buy...

So, the almost $200 I have on the side that I was saving towards that new Sig can now be saved for something else... After I figure out what :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Walther USA announced on facebook yesterday that they shipped PPQ M1 9mm to distributors! Apparently they will be in somewhat limited quantities.

I refuse to buy an M2 as I have (10) 15 round mags for the M1. Gonna have to pick up another M1 soon!

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea, I saw the news yesterday. It's always a crapshoot. I've been on the short end of Walthers whims years ago when everyone couldn't get a P99. So, I took my chances. I'm fine with what I have, even though the M1 would have been my preference

·
Registered
703 Posts
Nice PPQ, i'v had the PPQ navy W/treaded BRL on backorder for one of my sons for 6-8 months and still waiting it must be a rare bird, but thats what he wants.
My PPQ M2 Navy w/threaded barrel shipped today and should be at my FFL in 2 days!!!

I'm excited to get mine, and I'm excited for you to get yours for you and your son!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts