FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I have a matching set - a 9mm and a 45 ACP.

The 45 will be my new carry gun. Instead of a 1911, I went with this because of the hot Texas summers!



 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,097 Posts
Ship, you couldn't have pick a better gun!! :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,553 Posts
Here's an idea, carry one on each hip, then you'll be balanced :lol:

Looks good. Let us know how it shoots whenever you heal up an can :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Very nice! Have you shot the USPc45 yet? Don't forget a range report in the future. :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ICM856 said:
Very nice! Have you shot the USPc45 yet? Don't forget a range report in the future. :?
Not yet - I MAY go shoot it today - but it will have to be 1 handed, as my left hand is in a cast/ So, a real range report will be a while away
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,553 Posts
G.I. Joe?

You really like that don't ya Ship :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
itstock said:
Too big, heavy, bulky, and wide for a CCW.

It's an amazingly smooth shooter though, have fun!
Not IWB carry.

I have carried my P99 compact for 3 years, and a Glock 26 for 8 before that.

But, I started to use my FNP9mm for concealed carry recently. I was amazed at how I could conceal it if I did it right.

So, I decided to step up to a 45. This will do it.

Actually, when you add the thickness of grips to a 4" 1911, there isn't much size difference when it comes to actually concealing the thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just shot it - Had to do shots 1 handed - but I wanted to make sure the gun worked. Shot 50 FMJ and 10 JHP.

Gun worked 100%. Not a problem.

Recoil was less than I expected. Less than the XD45 I had earlier this year. I'm happy with it. Once I get my left hand healed up - then I can get down to some serious target shooting.

I did get a few bullseyes, though. And, in a realistic robbery scenario - you'd probably be shooting a gun 1 handed anyway.

I had been worried about the recoil all this time. I honestly thought it the same or even a little less than a 4.25" stainless steel 1911 I had rented a few months ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
USP 45c was my concealed carry piece of choice while I owned it, and wish I'd never sold it. I was a better shot with it consistently than my USP 9mm full sized auto, though I can't say why...

No problems carrying concealed using a regular galco belt holster and layering, but not dealing with TX head may have made that easier for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Well Ship I have to ask, I see that nice new 45 you have is all black. From what I have seen in the past, besides your MC you prefer the two tone. Are you turning over a new leaf? You know what they say, once you had black, you never go back, errrr something like that LOL. J/K :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,479 Posts
Congrats Ship. Time to get that slide coated. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ICM856 said:
Well Ship I have to ask, I see that nice new 45 you have is all black. From what I have seen in the past, besides your MC you prefer the two tone. Are you turning over a new leaf? You know what they say, once you had black, you never go back, errrr something like that LOL. J/K :D
No, I'm gonna leave it as is. I do prefer 2 tone - but the stock finish is more rust resistant than hard chrome is. As I plan to carry this IWB, I'll leave it as is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
I dunno... a hot pink Hello Kitty USP would be kinda cool...

gives me some ideas for my PS90....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,097 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Just shot it - Had to do shots 1 handed - but I wanted to make sure the gun worked. Shot 50 FMJ and 10 JHP.

Gun worked 100%. Not a problem.

Recoil was less than I expected. Less than the XD45 I had earlier this year. I'm happy with it. Once I get my left hand healed up - then I can get down to some serious target shooting.

I did get a few bullseyes, though. And, in a realistic robbery scenario - you'd probably be shooting a gun 1 handed anyway.

I had been worried about the recoil all this time. I honestly thought it the same or even a little less than a 4.25" stainless steel 1911 I had rented a few months ago.
Of course it didn't its a H&K!!! Like you asked me if the compact had more recoil but it really doesn't. Its just a little "snappier" IMHO Glad you like it! :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, yes, I remember U said that.

I rented that 4" 1911 a while back, when I was trying to decide if I wanted a Kobra Karry. I didn't like it near as much as a 5" 1911, and I quit after a few rounds.

I didn't see how a polymer gun would recoil any less than a stainless steel 1911. It's different, but less IMHO. I was very surprised.

The recoil was less than the XD45 I had earlier this year too.

I thought I would be wasting my time to go shoot 1 handed today because of the recoil. Worked well, though.

I carried it all day in my old Uncle Mike's IWB holster today too (until I get my Bladtech in that I ordered). Conceals wellw ith the flat floor plate mags
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,097 Posts
YES! I love to pack my hk45c!! Its not quite as smooth as the full size but very very nice to shoot. Hell my 5ft gf 105lbs can shoot it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
iCeMaN said:
YES! I love to pack my hk45c!! Its not quite as smooth as the full size but very very nice to shoot. Hell my 5ft gf 105lbs can shoot it!
The Hk45 is nice. I like the regular hammer it comes with (instead of the bobbed hammer of the USpc). But, it didn't feel as nice in my hand as the USPc - so, that's what I went with. $100 or more cheaper too. But, that HK45c is nice.

Down the line, I didn't wanna worry about rust on a 1911, or even inside of the grip safety (areas you don't normally see). I knew an Hl is built like a tank - so, it's a good carry gun.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top