FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 45 ACP XD today - Stainless slide and OD Green frame. I kinda wanted the sand colored frame with the stainless slide, but I like this too :?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Congrats!!! It looks great. :?

·
Banned
151 Posts
Was going to say it looked cool but my 12 year old son told me the new word is tight. So it looks tight :?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vulcan15 said:
Was going to say it looked cool but my 12 year old son told me the new word is tight. So it looks tight :?
:lol: :lol:

I needa take a photo outside where U can see the color of the frame better. SOme of the pics made the frame look black.

THey are doing construction behind my house (I have a back alley), and I didn't want all the construction guys to see me walking around with a pistol in my driveway.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm 37 and even I know "tight" is pretty lame these days.

Ship, noticed your's does not have the thumb safety either. Did your's come with the test fire shell? Mine says 2-11-08.

·
Banned
151 Posts
"baka-san"

Well I'm 50 and I forget what "lame" is these days. When you get old your memory is the first thing to go.......and I forget what the second thing is.

·
Registered
156 Posts
vulcan15 said:
"baka-san"

Well I'm 50 and I forget what "lame" is these days. When you get old your memory is the first thing to go.......and I forget what the second thing is.
It's when a horse gets a sprain, isn't it?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
baka-san said:

Ship, noticed your's does not have the thumb safety either. Did your's come with the test fire shell? Mine says 2-11-08.
The thumb safety is new right now _ I see no need to buy it with the way the gun is already designed. I never use any safties unless I carry a gun cocked and locked - like a USP or a 1911. Besides, the thumb safety 45s are only in black.

My fired case states "12-1-08" - So, it has been fired in the future and brought back in time. Or, they should have put 2007 on it. I like option #1, though :x

·
Registered
156 Posts
Or maybe it's using the European thing where they put the day first and month second.

ya thing

:( :grin: :p

·
Registered
305 Posts
Congratulations! The XD45 has a very nice trigger. It has become one of my favorites. :cool:

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
baka-san said:
Or maybe it's using the European thing where they put the day first and month second.

ya thing

Well, I thought that might be it - not sure..

But, sorry... It's "from the future!" :lol:

·
Registered
156 Posts
ya thing

Well, I thought that might be it - not sure..

But, sorry... It's "from the future!" :lol:
That means mine is one month newer "from the future"

11-02-2008

'in the year 2000"

ps, who was the tech?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll check tomorrow and tell U. I'm on on the porch with the laptop before bed, and I threw the box into the closet a little while ago.

ANyway, I really like the gun. I'll be going to shoot it on the 15th. I have that day off.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Good lookin! Fo sure!
Congrats!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts