FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after lusting for this over a year - I finally got a PS90 today - In black too (I didn't want one in green). I finally sold my telescope about a month ago, but I didn't get a chance to shoot one until last weekend. Then, I knew I had to have it (I wanted to try it before spending that much $)

Unfortunately, my mounting rails still haven't come in the mail yet. So, I can't mount my Eotech and other stuff yet. I guess I'll wait until next weekend to shoot it. If I go tomorrow, I'll just have to go again next week to sight in the eotech. So, I'll wait.

Its really kewl. Cleaned it already, and got an extra mag for it as well :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very nice, I shot mine today and love it! I know of a guy who has a cool way of shooting his PS90 at home. If you would like I can give you his "formula". It won't wake the neighbors even if you have some very close by.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey, make sure you clean if before you shoot, I found some of the white packing junk all inside the gun when I first got it. I am not sure, but soem of it could poss melt when shooting and cause some probs.

So, take it down fully and get all that white gunk out of the trigger sys, and barrel.

Regards,
Str8

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may look at the boresnake eventually. That rod was kind of a pain. It was too long to hold the handle at the end. Itw anted to flex. So, I had to feed it through at the feed ramp area. And, I kept banging my hand against the receiver when the brush finally went all the way thru out the front of the barrel - ouch.

On the + side, with the ammo cost, I don't see me shooting it as often as I do my handguns :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the bore snake in a zip lock bag, pre lubed up. You feed it from the breach end out. It takes 1 pass, and about 20 seconds and you are done. My buddy claims he stores a snake inside the butt of the gun? I am going to see if I can too?

I also shot about 100 rounds the other day, and all it looked like was the bore needed cleaning. The rest wasn't very dirty. Not sure why. 100 thru my AR and it is all messy!

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, the AR is a pain to clean. I shot a lot of rounds thru 2 PS90s last weekend - neither looked very dirty.

I don't think taking out the trigger package every time is necessary.

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
str8stroke said:
I pulled the pack out, it look almost new? I didn't do anything other than the bore snake. It made me feel good after the cost of shooting it! kNow what I mean. Kinda offsets the price of ammo.
Well, I knew I was gonna get an AR or this. I also got to shoot a 12" barreled M16 last week. Really kewl. I had decided on the tactical S&W Ar or the PS90. But, the PS90 was calling me more. Much easier to clean, smaller, quieter. Only neg was ammo cost. And, I don't think I'll be shooting past 50 yards anyway. So, this was the way to go :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have both PS90 and Bushmaster AR. It is my opinion if you want a gun that is light, and fun to shoot the PS90 is the way to go.
You won't offend others around with the volume, nor will you get tired of the noise. .223 isn't a huge round, but in large quantites (300 plus rounds in 10 min) it gets a bit old.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm thinking about SBR'ing one and putting my TAC-16 on it.
It appears that if I catch the brass, and hand-load with 55grn .223 bullets I can get sub-sonic, I just don't know if it will stabilize in that soft of a barrel - I don't want a baffle strike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts