FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my $1200 Black PS90 Tri Rail from my favorite FFL.

I've been looking for months, almost pulled the trigger when tanners had them for 1150, but waited too long. Then along came a deal from a great FFL in texas and I could no longer resist the temptation. So i ordered it, then proceeded to order everything else. 1000 rd's of ss197 from cabela's, a fake can from CMMG, A sling from Urban ERT, a brass catcher from magparts, a storm case that the rifle will fit perfectly in broken down, as a bug out kit, and 7 mags. Only small problem is being in a ban state im limited to these miniscule 10 round mags, and its almost like the thing is empty when its completely full.. Oh well i guess that just means I will be spending less money on ammo than you guys. Im gonna order the C-more, but i found a great deal on a Bushnell Holosight XLP That may stay with the weapon for a while (It looks great on top of the tri rail)

Anyone have any suggestions for mounting a Surefire E2D on one of the side rails? The E2 series surefires are not 1 inch from end to end, they neck down to about 3/4 of an inch after the lamp. Are there any QD rings for the smaller circumference of the flashlight tube? What about cheap Lasers? (im only saying cheap laser because ive already put nearly 2 grand in the gun including ammo so im basically tapped out.)

This is going to replace my AR as a weekly range rig, since it seems better suited for indoor range use than 5.56. Its also my biggest firearms purchase yet, by a large margin. And when i finally move out of New Jersey into a nice and free state, its going to be my first SBR :?

·
Vendor
5,593 Posts
congrats on the purchase. You can still get a free C-More sight from fn. Just click on the link on the left side of the home page. I got a C-More and it works great. Heck... its free. If you don't like it you can go find something else later. :?

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
There is only 1 holder that will hold flashlights smaller than 1" - The Fobus flashlight holder - But I did a review of it in the Product Review section of the site here - It's not very good.

Most people with flashlights smaller than1" use scope rings, and then roll electrical tape around the light to make it 1" - right under where the scope ring will attach.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Congrats! I played around w/numerous mounts and std flashlights on my PS90's, finally just bit the bullet and got the TLR-1 for less than $100. The remote backplate & tapeswitch did cost extra but I wouldn't feel terribly inconvenienced just using the TLR-1's rockerswitch.
Keep us posted!...
Tomac

·
Registered
569 Posts
I will admit that it would be nice to have a laser/light combo - instead of separate, like I have.
+1. As much as I like the P90 internal laser, if I had to do it over again I might just go w/the Streamlight TLR-2 light/laser combo.
Tomac

·
Registered
30 Posts
difference

I purchased a plain ps90 and was wondering what the difference was in the tri rail and the plain. I should have bought the tri rail so I could get the free sight.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Re: difference

monkeyboogers said:
I purchased a plain ps90 and was wondering what the difference was in the tri rail and the plain. I should have bought the tri rail so I could get the free sight.
Some people here report sending in the stuff for the standard PS90 and STILL getting the C-More sight. Try it.

I wish they would have offered that when I got mine. :evil:

·
Registered
356 Posts
ShipWreck said:
There is only 1 holder that will hold flashlights smaller than 1"...
Not true, Ship! :D

jonjesse1 said:
Anyone have any suggestions for mounting a Surefire E2D on one of the side rails? The E2 series surefires are not 1 inch from end to end, they neck down to about 3/4 of an inch after the lamp. Are there any QD rings for the smaller circumference of the flashlight tube?
Ask and ye shall receive!

SureFire M78

I've got the M79 for my G2 and LOVE it! No pics yet though as I'm still in S. Korea.

·
Registered
356 Posts
ShipWreck said:
FSCJedi said:
ShipWreck said:
There is only 1 holder that will hold flashlights smaller than 1"...
Not true, Ship! :D
In Dec 2006 when I set mine up - I never saw that mount at the time. Kewl.
It is indeed cool! Like I said, I've got the M79 which fits my 1" dia. SureFire G2 VERY nicely. It's really adjustable, too, so you can make it tighter or looser based on how easily you want the latch to flip open. While I don't actually have it attached to my PS90 yet, I do have both the flashlight and mount here and can say that it will look nice on my TR. :?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts