FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my ELCAN SpecterDr 1-4x in FDE from KERIF. It's badass. I have also recently added; the Magpul SSG, the Magpul AFG2, Surefire M961, and the Surefire rail mounted remote tape switch. My experience with KERIF was great. I emailed him some questions the other day at about 10:00PM Vegas time and got a response about a half hour later. At 10:30 at night! I was shocked to get a response that late. He hooked me up with a great deal. Shipping was extremely fast and packaging was good. Only downside is its hard for me to see the reticle. I am almost blind without my glasses (not really but it's pretty bad). I'll have to see how it does at the range. Like I said in my first post, this is my "first" rifle and my first optic. I'm pretty new to the gun world. So far I am happy with my purchases.

Stuff I want to buy:
Stryker SCAR EACH (Black)
AAC SDN-6 or Surefire Socom762-rc (Black)

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
Dayum Lanman, if this is your entry to the rifle club then you absolutely knocked the ball clean out of the park. Now you'll need to get yourself an E.A.C.H. and S.O.A.M.R. from Sarge at Stryker Enterprises to finish a fabulous and record winning start. :?

Btw, what accoutrement do you have wrapped around the grip?

PS: Don't forget to step up and help support the best Forum in existence pertaining to all things FN by becoming a FN Supporting Member. The best bang for 15 bucks you will ever spend.

Reactions: STL

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
Okay, that's what it looked like but I wasn't sure, thanks. You're aware you can swap the OEM grip for one more to your liking, right? In some cases no modification required for others there are two routes both are described in great detail in the Forum. Good luck and go shoot that 17s to your hearts content but be careful, once you start it's hard to stop, kinda like Lay's potato chips you can't eat just one. :biggrin:

It's just some rubber tubing.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
You mentioned your eyesight was bad. One of our supporting members is very experienced in that arena when it comes to shooting and sights... Consequently his handle is Shootingsight and his name is Art. If you PM him I am sure he will have some excellent reccomendations. That's an awesome setup you have there, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I think it's shooting pretty good. Like I said in my first post I am not a seasoned shooter. This is my first real gun other than a .22 my grandpa gave me when I was about 5. The ammo used was crap and I'm glad it's almost gone. A lot of the bullets were loose one of then I was able to pull apart with my fingers. I did throw a bunch of them away, I wasn't going to put that stuff through my SCAR.

Getting the ELCAN out on the range it is much easier to see the reticle/range finder.

Here is my target at 25 yards with iron sights. The two in the top left were my pistol (Sig P226).

And here are a few with the ELCAN on 4x at 100 yards,

I freaking love this thing. It does get a lot of attention out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Lanman,

This is my first post ever and I have to say you have a beautiful weapon! You've done a great job putting everything together as well. I picked up my SCAR 17s in flat dark earth just last week and am in need of an optical. I had the ELCAN in mind when I found this forum and saw yours. What made you choose the 1-4x over the 1.5-6x if you don't mind my asking?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts