FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally!!!!!......after getting it cleaned headed over to a friend's house and we did some shooting!, great gun, nice SA triger pull, accurate. Only issue I had, and it only happened once, was after emptying one of the magazines the slide failed to stay open, could not get it to do it again, maybe a fluke?!, I am heading to the indoor range monday to shoot it some more!!!!. Overall very pleased with it :p

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
U may have hit the slide release with your thumb that time - this is fairly common. Most people do it and don't realize it.

Anyway - glad ya like the gun so much :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
You mean the slide just plain didn't lock open on the last shot? My -M did that early on with WWB ball ammo, I attributed it to weak ammo. To be honest, it has yet to happen since, with any ammo. The only problem I have with mine now is that I don't have enough money or time to fire it as much as I'd like.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is right, it did not lock open, it was with WWB, so maybe that was it,. I did try to duplicate it but couldn't- maybe that was just the excuse to keep on shooting :D . I know what you mean about the prices of ammo, it is crazy, our local Dick's has Remington UMC for 7.98 per box, the cheapest around this area, up from 6.98 just 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I went shooting a week or so ago, a friend bought ammo (he has money, I still felt bad though) and Gander Mtn. had UMC for like $45 for 250 rounds, that's waaaaay too much for 9mm IMO. I'm really wanting to get the money together for a case and just order from natchez, at that point the ammo would be reasonable.

Since that initial issue, I've had absolutely no problems with my FN. It seems to me that the slide catch is a very strong spring, and the mag springs are barely powerful enough to overcome it. I've been trying to find extra power mag springs, but no luck so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts