FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the opportunity to shoot the SCAR-L and SCAR-H this weekend at a local shoot. Thanks to the FNH USA reps.

:shock:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I think somewhere else on the forum it has been posted that we are looking at the end of 2008 for civilian sales, unfortunately...

·
Registered
19 Posts
SCAR Commercial Release

I am in the process of selecting a rifle for my department and the SCAR was on my list. I spoke with a FNH LE Sales Rep and he gave me the good news.

All currently manufactured SCAR weapons are going to the US Military (get it to the guys that need it OOO-RAH!) A civilian LE full-auto version (black) will be available Jan-Feb 2008 and a commercial SCAR should be available December 2008. As stated, all current production is for the Military. I want one!

If you can't wait and you "need" a readily available modular weapon system give the Robinson Armament XCR a glance. I purchased one six weeks ago and I've put 500 rounds through it. Very nice, free floating barrel, folding stock, it is heavier than an AR-15, but is has 1913 rails all the way around.

About $1600.

Cheers![/u]

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks for the update. So are you going to try and get some for your department or are you going to get a different gun? Have you looked at the Masada or RX4?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Robinson XCR/FN SCAR

Nothing like a quick reply, huh?

My department is still in the process of trying to make up its mind on whether rifles are an option that should be considered. This decision is getting all the usual "glacial" speed that desk jockeys have to offer. In the mean time, since no approval has been forthcoming I am trying to leave my options open.

Since I've got several kids, and I am trying to hedge my bets as to which way the political winds will shift, I am still interested in getting my hands on a SCAR when they become available.

I did use the XCR with an ACOG TA01 for Close Quarter Carbine School, and it did loose the ejector screws, but CEO Alex Robinson Overnighted the offending parts, I put them back together (with some "blue" Loc-Tite) and it rocked on with a total of 1000 rounds, no cleaning, and no other malfunctions except those that were shooter (me) induced. I should have read the instructions and tightened the screws.

It's a good piece of gear and I'd like another one in .308 ASAP. "Individual results may vary."

·
Registered
19 Posts
Masada and RX4

The Masada definitely has some promise with its modularity and M-16/AR-15 parts and trigger packs, they just need to get it out on street, "most riki-tic."

The RX4 is totally unknown to me, so I can't offer any opinions on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts