FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hooked!! I need a PS 90. Can't decide which way to go. It seems as the triple rail option is best in order to add some goodies. Can I get the standard one from Tanners with the white optic and remove that and add the rails myself or should I just look for one that has the triple rails factory installed? I would appreciate some input from all you current owners. One last thing. Trying to decide if I want a SBR or just forget the paperwork and my name being on the govt. confiscation list when they ban them in a few years. I'm in OH so we can get anything with the right paperwork.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Man, I remember when I had my mind set on getting one. I chased several ads and finally got my USG, and I love it!

If you're planning on swapping out the optic anyway, get the TR version. The USG can have side rails added easily enough if you just want to put something there.

Good luck, you're going to be glad once you find yours!

:shock:

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I stills tand by my past comments - get the white ringed site and then just take it off and put your own optic and rails on it.

U can at least put the stock optic back and make use of the weapon if you need the optic for something else. Take it off a trirail, and ya got nothing.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
ShipWreck makes a VERY valid point and I would follow that. I didn't when I bought mine b/c well I was a noob... my next one will come with a standard optic :? In no way do i regret getting mine but you could always have a back up optic just in case, but then again you would have to sight it in :evil:

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have two white ring reticle PS90's that i put aftermarket sights on if that helps, really it just depends on what price you can get the white ring sight for compared to a tri rail

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I think you should get two of each lol :?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
iCeMaN said:
I think you should get two of each lol :?
black stock with white reticule, green stock with black reticule. no dye, no tri-rails, no mess

just lots of $$$$ :cry:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
yup but its a win win situation! well except for the money part lol....speaking of which i have lost tons with the market and 401k :cry:

·
Registered
52 Posts
use your money up buying guns now, before you lose it all in the market!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'd go for the stock original set up. Thats what I did, granted I did place an eotech on it and removed the original sight, but I have the option of going old school or new school anytime. Also, if you do sbr, the original looks better with a short barrel than an eotech, in my opinion. Plus if you dress up like SG-1 for Halloween, fans will appreciate the authentic look of the original version. However, if you come across a great price, get it no matter which version it is.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought the standard white sight model from Tanners.

I used that for a while, then I bought the REM2 LED enhancer for it and used that for a while and it was a large improvement.

Then I bought a set of rails for the sides and a rail to replace the factory sight and popped a red-dot on there.

So, I've kind of worked my way up the ladder. And for someone who is new to the PS-90 and rifles in general, it was a good way to start.

I currently still have the red-dot on the main rail, a laser sight on the right side rail and the left side rail is empty. The red-dot is sighted in for 25 yards, and the laser is sighted in for 7 or so and I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now I got me a new PS90

Thanks for all the help everyone.
I picked up my new USG with the black sights.
I also got some extra 50 rnd mags and 500 rnds of 197 to start.
Now I am dying to go and test it out.

Any recommendations for optics??

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
If U are gonna replace the stock optic and mount your own rail for an aftermarket setup - either an AImpoint (with a special PS90 Aimpoint aftermarket mount) or an eotech is the best way to go, likely.

PErsonally, I like the EOtech reticle over an aimpoint.

·
Registered
4 Posts
lucky for you guys you have a lot of choices, bit for us here in california there is a lot of gun rules that prohibit us from getting what we want.

·
Registered
192 Posts
jirah01--

There are a couple of threads here on how to import a PS90 into Kalif. and then how to make it legal for only $151 plus your own labor.

It is surprisingly easy to do--knowing what to ask of the seller and your FFL makes all the difference!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts