FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Poor woman had double trouble with the hollow point ammo which is also illegal there, even without the Gun the Ammo possession would have been almost as bad! Why did the NRA not come to her Rescue?

Reactions: SAVAGEJIM

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hollow Point Ammunition: A Basic Rationale - The Truth About Guns

Here is the story about the woman! While HP's are "Tech" not illegal to own they cant really be used outside of ones home/prop but if a "Sportsman" wants to take some to range they MAY not be in gun and have to be separate from gun and may even have to be locked up and the "Sportsman" has to take the most direct route to the Range! So if 1 has them in NJ anywhere else ur A-S is grass!

Also in NJ the term "Sportsman" in order to take ammo to range in unloaded gun is quite ambiguous!

Like till last yr in my state Switchblades were illegal to own unless on ones prop or if bought at show u could have it in vehicle only on the way home!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
No, they are not.
Thanks; I didn't understand that was what you were getting at at first.

Hollow Point Ammunition: A Basic Rationale - The Truth About Guns

Here is the story about the woman! While HP's are "Tech" not illegal to own they cant really be used outside of ones home/prop but if a "Sportsman" wants to take some to range they MAY not be in gun and have to be separate from gun and may even have to be locked up and the "Sportsman" has to take the most direct route to the Range! So if 1 has them in NJ anywhere else ur A-S is grass!

Also in NJ the term "Sportsman" in order to take ammo to range in unloaded gun is quite ambiguous!

Like till last yr in my state Switchblades were illegal to own unless on ones prop or if bought at show u could have it in vehicle only on the way home!
Thank gawd my state doesnt have such unconstititional laws which infringe our 2A rights.
I am wondering why NJ congress completely ignored the Constitution? I guess their reasoning is if the US Fed congress by passing the NFA to amend the USC, NJ could do the same thing

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Always wondered why the NRA lets so many States get away with such crazy laws and seldom if ever will the NRA help the victim!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Its prohibitively expensive for only one NGO like the NRA to fight the battle. Not to mention that the anti-2A sentiment is very strong in America, which is extremely sad because it was firearms that freed us tyranny and unjust governmental repression (i.e. the British crown).

It will take energizing pro-2A citizens to fight these battles alongside the NRA, not just by voting in state level and Federal level congressmen, but to also bombard them with letters and demands that such unconstitutional laws be repealed in the state and Federal lawbooks.

Its a very hard battle and it will be very expensive, but we should not give up and lie down and accept the anti-2A crown stripping away our rights by continual 2A infringing laws.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
The NRA should at least take on some high profile cases but don't know of any!

Fla. woman Marissa Alexander gets 20 years for "warning shot": Did she stand her ground? - CBS News
Yeah, I agree, especially if they can make a large impact of establishing a landmark judicial decision which could be a huge step to eventually repealing one or some of the laws that infringe the 2A.

I am not a lawyer, nor am I one who would even know what kind of war chest the NRA has to take on such legal cases, but thinking strategically, if there is little chance of a case going in favor of the pro-2A (the judges are anti-2A, the state itself is very anti-2A and even the appeals circuits are riddled with anti-2A justices and the result would always end in an anti-2A decision), I could see why the NRA would not take them and save the funds for cases they can win.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Anti-2A sentiment is not strong in America, but it is strong in a small but loud, well-funded, well-positioned, well-organized group of statist elites who seize every headline they can to advance their narrative. Supporters of the 2nd Amendment, on the other hand, tend to be everyday Americans who are not going to march in protests or sponsor ad campaigns because they have other things to keep them busy, like doing their jobs and raising their families. This is why it is so important to financially support the few organizations that do provide a voice for our God-given and Constitutionally enumerated right to defend ourselves, our families, and our communities against crime and tyranny. Although I am not a member of any such organization (call me shy I guess, don't want my name on any more lists than necessary if I can help it) I do make regular anonymous contributions. And unlike the people who helped Obama win two elections by staying home because his opponent wasn't conservative enough to suit their taste, I ALWAYS vote and make my decision on which candidate I find less offensive to my rights and liberties...even if I am not thrilled with any of them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts