FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A sign hovering above a Huntington Beach saloon for the last six years, thanking veterans for protecting our freedom, has been ordered to be removed. When he arrived at work on Monday, Johnny Kresimir, the owner of Johnny’s Booze and Pool, discovered a citation had been placed on his door. A city spokeswoman for Huntington Beach said the establishment lacked the proper permits to display the sign that reads, “Thank a Veteran for your Freedom.”
Read more: Government Targets Business over 'Thank a Veteran' Sign

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
He shouldn't need a damned permit. I remember my mom getting this crap from her homeowner's association. A couple phone calls, and a local news crew filming in her front yard stopped that nonsense real fast.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
While the 'support the troops' sentiment is bound to garner support for the saloon owner, this is as much about local ordinance compliance as anything. If the owner erected a sign, regardless of the content, without proper permission from the local regulatory authority and in violation of existing local statutes/ordinances, of course he's going to get a citation. Don't let EMOTION get the better of you on this one. Isn't that our problem with the antis - they let emotion cloud their judgement with respect to gun control? Don't become them.

Solution - remove the sign, apply for the proper permit, re-erect sign. Solicit donations if you want, but get your ducks in a row....

This is NOT about the troops, a group to which I belong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts