FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my FNP45 about 6 weeks , maybe 300 rounds and I push the mag release and it goes all the way through the other side followed by the spring which is mangled. Email customer service asking if I can just get a spring so I don't have to ship the pistola and within 1 hour I have an email asking for my mailing address. If that is not great it will do till great comes along. It takes HK a week or more to answer my emails.

Mike

·
Banned
93 Posts
Really? I didn't realize HK bothered responding to customer e-mails AT ALL. :-D

Getting parts from HK is like getting blood from a stone, it just won't happen no matter how hard you squeeze.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good to hear that from you. I have the oposite response, I also have a FNP-45, no issues at all, but have written e-mails, call the number (by the way always busy) and got no response in over 2 week period. May be that what I'm asking is not important to them, who knows, but that is my experience so far.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Bob Ailes always answered me. Sometimes it took a while but I got an answer.

The 2 FNP's (not FNP-45) I had repaired with top notch service and fast turn-arounds.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not so great customer service after all.

I guess this is what I get for speaking to soon. Someone SAYING they will do something is different. It is different in that I parased them after I was told by Bob he would send it. After 1 month I sent another email , this time not answered after another month. Still no spring. I ask in todays email if I could get mine upgraded to the manual safety. Let's see if he bothers to reply, I still can shoot my pistol evcept as a single shot.

Mike

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good news to report, got Bob on the phone and the problem was due to lack of parts, He ask my shirt size and I got my spring and a very nice XXL Scar Tshirt 2 days later!

Thnaks Bob,
Mike

·
Registered
32 Posts
jmikesteen said:
Good news to report, got Bob on the phone and the problem was due to lack of parts, He ask my shirt size and I got my spring and a very nice XXL Scar Tshirt 2 days later!

Thnaks Bob,
Mike
Sweet :?

·
Registered
95 Posts
There ya go, that's how a company starts to build confidence. That is the mark of a company who cares about the customer. They know next time you are standing in front of the gun counter at your local gun shop that you will tell that story where your friend is looking at Brand XYZ.

In doing that you will make the dealer listen and make other potential customers pay attention as well. Who knows how many sales this will generate but the "Word of Mouth" is advertising that, "Wins Friends and Influences People." No amount of advertising dollars can pay for adds like that.
"Service your customers needs and you will always have plenty of them to service."

:?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts