FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a TA11 currently on my Scar17... Love it, but it really is a bit hard for me to use up close. Considering getting rid of it for a variable optic of some type. I should have a decent budget after selling off the ACOG and combining it with my savings next month.

Any great optics to look into that have good eye relief?

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
If you want to stick with ACOGs then TA33 models have generous eye relief.

·
Registered
418 Posts
A price range might help to narrow down your search.

ELCAN 1.5-6X Eye Relief - 2.75"
Khales K16i 1-6X Eye Relief - 3.74"
Vortex HD GEN II 1-6X Eye Relief - 4.00"

The bigger issue for me between these scopes is FOV, glass quality, and overall weight.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I was leaning heavily towards an Elcan since our military trusts them, but from what I gather... they're hefty. Didn't realize their eye relief wasn't as great as I was led to believe, but it's just a tad more than my TA11 which has decent eye relief.

Think I'll need to evaluate whether I want a variable scope or a 2 power scope like an Elcan. Has the 1.5-6x Elcan replaced the original 1-4x Elcan?

·
Registered
39 Posts
While we're on this topic, I can't justify 1000$ for a TA11H-308. I don't plan on doing any hardcore shooting at my house, local gun range, or running any SPEC OP missions with my local beer drinking buddies. The Eotech EXPS doesn't do much for magnification so it's obviously out. Adding a magnifier to a Eotech cost as much as the TA11 and adds too much weight as well. I'd prefer to skip anything with batteries. If the thing gets wet or the power drains it's a paperweight.. There has to be some sub 500$ optics out there with great eye relief and at least 4x magnification. I'm cross-eye dominant so that doesnt help much. After dropping 3000$ on the weapon, super scar trigger, and extra mags it's time to reign in money spent for personal preference "goodies". I don't say this to offend folks as they can do with their money as they please of course. I could afford the ACOG but it's a matter of practicality for a average joe. Open to suggestions...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
While we're on this topic, I can't justify 1000$ for a TA11H-308. I don't plan on doing any hardcore shooting at my house, local gun range, or running any SPEC OP missions with my local beer drinking buddies. The Eotech EXPS doesn't do much for magnification so it's obviously out. Adding a magnifier to a Eotech cost as much as the TA11 and adds too much weight as well. I'd prefer to skip anything with batteries. If the thing gets wet or the power drains it's a paperweight.. There has to be some sub 500$ optics out there with great eye relief and at least 4x magnification. I'm cross-eye dominant so that doesnt help much. After dropping 3000$ on the weapon, super scar trigger, and extra mags it's time to reign in money spent for personal preference "goodies". I don't say this to offend as folks can so with their money as they please. I could afford the ACOG but it's a matter of practicality for a average joe. Open to suggestions...
Leupold VXR 1.25-4x20mm for $499
Leupold VX-R Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 1.25-4x 20mm Matte

1 - 9 of 9 Posts