FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Also on the inside of the trigger well of an AR-15.

IDENTmarking is a company in Texas that does amazing work. You can ship your lower direct to them, and they can ship it direct back to you. Check them out.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have my AAC lower at IDENT now, they said about 3 week turnaround which is next week.

My first one I sent to Orion in Michigan. The second one I had a local trophy shop do.

I'll see which one turns about the best.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have my AAC lower at IDENT now, they said about 3 week turnaround which is next week.

My first one I sent to Orion in Michigan. The second one I had a local trophy shop do.

IDENTmarking is running 4-5 weeks. They got bombarded with people due to the Trust thing our Commander-and-thief was going on about.

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
Is there a going rate for IDENT marking ?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I have used Gordon specialties in Greenville s.c., did good work but took forever. Last one I had done at my local jewelry store. Guy said he would do it for me because I am a good customer, but he does not advertise he will do them. I think my next one is going to ident.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Is there a going rate for IDENT marking ?
It depends on the weapon. Check their website for actual pricing. I got two weapons laser etched with my trust info for about $130, which includes return shipping. They also re-anodize the area marked.

Re-anodizing is not something a local jeweler can typically do.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Agreed, especially for us SBR noobs here in MI! :D

So the SBR info has to be externally visible. Good to know.
Correct. I asked some time ago about engraving under the grip on the grip tang for an AR and it was explained to me that it must be visible and not require dissassembly to be viewed, but as long as it was the required size and depth it could be painted over to color match the receiver.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Good to know. I think I'll eventually get a 16s and SBR it, then probably get it cerakoted after engraving.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I have emailed IDENT (2 days ago) and have always used Orion to do my engraving...Orion doesn't use a laser. I'm looking at have some polymer rifles get there NFA engravings. Does anyone have someone they used on polymer that was great? Please PM me if you know of a good NFA engraver that can do polymer.

Reactions: J.polisi

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I called gun smoke here in colo and was told 275 that seems like a ripoff to me, just because they were on a tv show WTF, I will use someone else!

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Post results please..My HK Lowers will be Last..Too much $$$ on the line..

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Hit your local Trophy shops as many of them can do the laser engraving and can do it much more cost effective. (mine ran 20 bucks a lower)

·
Registered
573 Posts
The ATF regulation states the builder/manufacturer/creator of the SBR must engrave it with their info. So if you are using a form 1 for your SBR, you are the builder. As an example, your individual or trust name.

Otherwise, if you purchase an SBR already created, it has the name of the manufacturer...ie, Red Jacket, HDD, or someone else.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts