FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has one and whats the good, Bad and ugly on this unit. I got to play with one and side by side with my red laser is like comparing a candle to a Maglight flashlight. You shine it on a white surface and you get a bright green star burst thats dazzling. The green laser is so much faster to pick at far distances where the weaker red washes out more.

I want to know if this unit is worth the money? http://www.aimsportsinc.com/

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know the internet price but at last weeks gun show there is a dealer who is always there and carries a lot of stuff by Aim Sport and he is asking $140

·
Registered
34 Posts
blkbd said:
I don't know the internet price but at last weeks gun show there is a dealer who is always there and carries a lot of stuff by Aim Sport and he is asking $140
The Aimsport is kind of clunky and cheap. You want to roll with a Unimax laser by Lasermax. They are a little more expensive (probably three times the cost), but MUCH MORE WORTH IT. If you're going to spend the cash---spend a few extra dollars and get one. They are low profile and certainly strong as hell. Regular unimax lasers (red lasers) I've seen as low as $100. on Gunbroker, and I've seen green lasers go as low as $275.
Buy them new from a retailer and you'll probably pay $400. or so...

·
Registered
395 Posts
I acquired one of these recently in a trade.

I normally do NOT go for the whole laser thing.

But having put it on my CX4 I admit I really like it.

The green laser has a range of 10k meters and is way brighter than any red laser.

The quality seems pretty decent for the price in my opinion.

LaserMax is no doubt a better product, but not worth 3 times the price IMHO.

For $140 or less, it works, seems durable and well made and looks pretty good.

I decided I like the ability to hit a plate-sized target while shooting from the hip or other non-shouldered shooting position from a range of up to 25 yards.

Seems like a usable thing for a "around the home carbine"...

I just picked up some LEO +P+ Hydrashoks for the CX4 too.

;-)

·
Registered
395 Posts
BTW, Centerfire has them for around $100.

:?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I got some green dot laser off of ebay. I'm not exactly sure what kind it is but the box says u.a.g. laser scope.

I had read some stuff about flash bulb lights were burning out quickly when using the rechargable cr123a type batteries. Well, now my laser isn't working after having a rechargable in it for less than a week.

It was purchased for $60 including shipping. I guess you get what you pay for.

/edit - ug i guess i just had it screwed in too tight. after loosening it a bit it works

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well I picked one up to mess with it and will let you know if I run into any problems,
This laser is bright any dust or mist and you can make out the beam from the laser all the way to the target.
This is a daytime out door laser and I'll save my tac light and red laser combo for night work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just got a lasermax green laser for $275.00. It is a high quality laser. I also have the cheap $100.00 ebay green laser from China. That one is about 2x more powerful, probably a 10w where the lasermx is 5w. The chinese laser is great for shooting more than 100 yards in daylight but overkill at night and inside. Hence it's on my M4 and the lasermax on the PS90. Save up and get the lasermax,,u will be happier in the long run.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got the Aim Sport and it seems nice and decently made. Have not mounted it yet as my rail is not here yet. It came with a momentary pleasure switch and twist on switch. Does anyone know if a regular on/off and/or a remote on/off.

Thanks
Robert

·
Registered
408 Posts
I bought one of the AimSport green lasers for $80. I have to say, it's built better than I thought it would be. The one thing I've noticed about it, it's bright... and I mean really REALLY bright! It lights up the whole room and is almost so bright as to hurt your eyes off a white wall. I took it outside before mounting it, and I could see it bright as day at over 600 yards at night.

A couple of curious neighbors saw it out their window as you could see the beam quite easily. Asked me about it the next day. Had to reassure them it wasn't "attached" to anything while I was testing it. hehe

Shined it into the sky, and i'm not even kidding you when I say that I could see it on cloud cover! It wasn't the sharp crisp dot like at 600 yards, but still amazing. I'm sure the dot was like 10" big at 600 yards though. I've never been big on lasers, but got it for kicks and I don't know if it's very practical, but it sure is fun having the dogs chase it around the house!

Zhur

·
Registered
857 Posts
Lord Skeletor said:
blkbd said:
The Aimsport is kind of clunky and cheap. You want to roll with a Unimax laser by Lasermax. They are a little more expensive (probably three times the cost), but MUCH MORE WORTH IT. If you're going to spend the cash---spend a few extra dollars and get one. They are low profile and certainly strong as hell. Regular unimax lasers (red lasers) I've seen as low as $100. on Gunbroker, and I've seen green lasers go as low as $275.
Buy them new from a retailer and you'll probably pay $400. or so...

I'm not convinced the Lasermax is worth more money at all.
I am awaiting my 3rd replacement red-laser unit. The ones i have had will not stay on after shooting several rounds. For what it is, it's way overpriced.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts