FN Herstal Firearms banner

Do you like the new colors of today's handgun frames?

• Yep - nice to have something new!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope, they make me puke!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do U like the OD green and desert colored frames that many manufacturers are making - or are you an "all black" firearm type of a guy?

·
Registered
636 Posts
BUt i dont have one yet i have been looking a a camo desert colored glock fs21

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes, I need a new desert colored pistol to match one of my AR with tan furniture. :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I think the Walther P99 in DT is one of the best looking hand guns I have ever owned.

TA

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish HK made their colored frames in 9mm.

I still want an OD green gun - They don't make the P99 A/S in green ever since they switched to the new style frame after 2003. I almost got a green XD once - 9mm 4" for $385 about a year ago (new at a gunshow).

I COULD have gotten my PS90 in green - while I want a green pistol eventually, I did not want a green PS90 - probably because of that damn SG1 :p :p :p

·
Registered
69 Posts
For handguns I like the traditional finishes like black, stainless, nickel, DT etc. For military style rifles I like the color variations like OD, tan, DT etc. I don't like all black rifles since it's hard to appreciate the detail/shapes/lines.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am not a big fan of many of the colored frames. I do have one in my collection though

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have an Armalite AR-10 in OD green.

And I have found it growing on me more and more.

I like green. I will eventually get a OD pistol of some sort.

Seen Glocks, CZs and others that are green...

·
Registered
138 Posts
I like the OD green look on most guns, I think it's the military in me. When I ordered my Glock 26 I wanted the OD frame, but the shop was out and didn't have any idea if they were going to be getting more it. So I got an all black one for a great price. I just ordered a Walther P99 AS and also wanted it in OD, but you really can't find the AS models in OD anymore. I'm gonna get it duracoated tho, I really like the look of it in OD. I'm not too fond of crazy colors tho -- pink ARs and such. Don't know why, it just makes me cringe. To each their own..... enjoy what ya got.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts