FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in reading the other forum, i saw several members mention that the FS2000 didn't take to milsurp ammo too well.

so far i've only shot 250 rds of Federal American Eagle through mine without a hitch. but, i have 1000 rds. of 5.56 62 grain FMJ M855 penetrator green tips on hand that i was saving say for when SHTF: zombies, invasion from mecca, or the pesky watermelons in the desert.

would this be some of that indigestable milsurp? has anyone had any experience with this ammo with your FS or any other weapon? what would be the differences of wear and tear and performance on my rifle between .223 and 5.56?

·
Registered
57 Posts
You had better testfire the ammo through your gun if you have any thoughts of using it for SHTF.

As I wrote elsewhere, the FS2000 may have trouble reliably detonating all milsurp ammo. This is because they put a lighter firing pin with a captive spring to guard against slamfires but it was overkill. Either the captive spring or the lighter firing pin alone would have been enough. With both of these, my FS2000 would not reliably detonate milsurp like XM193 and M855 100%. Maybe one round out of 30 or so would not detonate.

So I removed the captive spring from around the firing pin and have since ran over 2000 rounds of various milsurp through the FS2000 without any failures to detonate other than plain dud rounds.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i had to see for myself....

120 rounds of m855 greentips .... no problemz..... :shock:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts