FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if those Pachmeyer rosewood and rubber grips from SG will will fit a Colt combat commander?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can only find the Hogue rubber grips locally. Does anyone have/like those for the 1911? Which is better?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I have the Pachmeyer signature grips on my colt combat commander and love them. I tried alot of other grips including custom wood, ajax,hogues and did not like them. I also have a colt defender that came with the stock hogue grips and switched them out for pachmeyers. I really like the Pachmeyer grips.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try the Smith and Alexander website for their micarta grips for the 1911 defender/officer,commander or full size. They look good and will take more abuse than rubber or wood.

Fireball

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the Hogue rubber grips. 16.95 plus T. Fit better than I expected but not as comfortable as I expected. I have not shot with it yet. Factory Colt's had sharp places and would cut like a saw after a few dozen rounds.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I didn't like the hogue because the feel thicker at the tip of the grip than the bottom. The marbeling on the surface felt slick to me. Pachmeyer signature grips are my favorate for my 1911's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts