FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I done goofed and dropped my grip retaining nut. Naturally it rolled under my gun safe and needless to say, I'm without one. Do you any of you guys know the the specs of the nut? Can I just get one at Home Depot, or is this a FN Brand FN nut thats made out of unicorn-diamond alloy and using any other product will result in a catastrophic failure and instant damnation to hell?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I would suggest to take the lower with you also so you can be sure of the correct nut size along with the thread
Considering past current events your suggestion may not be a good idea. OP i have a spare that i will give you. PM me if you want it.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!! They are easy to find.. If you are switching to a Geissele Super Scar you will need to Cut down your Grip Screw possibly, or if you are Like Many I know, I keep the OEM Parts Always and Buy Replacements from Hardware store.. If your Grip Screw Comes Up through the Lower Too Much it will Interfere with Your Trigger..

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!! They are easy to find.. If you are switching to a Geissele Super Scar you will need to Cut down your Grip Screw possibly, or if you are Like Many I know, I keep the OEM Parts Always and Buy Replacements from Hardware store.. If your Grip Screw Comes Up through the Lower Too Much it will Interfere with Your Trigger..
Nowhere did he mention a Geissele trigger. He simply asked for the size of the nut and thread pitch.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Considering past current events your suggestion may not be a good idea. OP i have a spare that i will give you. PM me if you want it.
I guess you may be right . Someone cut think it is a machine gun or something and start screaming ... better measure the hole size on the lower where the nut is inserted and that along with the bolt will get you the correct nut size and thread

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I guess you may be right . Someone cut think it is a machine gun or something and start screaming ... better measure the hole size on the lower where the nut is inserted and that along with the bolt will get you the correct nut size and thread
Guess you didn't read my entire post.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Have you tried fishing for it with a magnet on a stick??? It rolled in, you can get it out.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Is there a problem with giving out information for someone who is new?? Might save him a trip to Hardware Store!!
No there is not, but the trigger was not the subject of the thread.

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
So I done goofed and dropped my grip retaining nut. Naturally it rolled under my gun safe and needless to say, I'm without one. Do you any of you guys know the the specs of the nut? Can I just get one at Home Depot, or is this a FN Brand FN nut thats made out of unicorn-diamond alloy and using any other product will result in a catastrophic failure and instant damnation to hell?
Wire coat hangar ought to get the job done.

How a square nut rolls is interesting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts