FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother in law purchased a large pasture farm that he wants to convert to a horse farm. It is crawling with big fat ground hogs. As some of you know, ground hog holes can break a horse's leg. Big ground hogs can be very tough creatures. You would want a round sufficient enough to stop them before they can crawl back into their hole. Would the 5.7x28 be enough of a round to anchor a big ground hog with one shot? Do I need to get close enough for a reliable head shot? Which 5.7 round would be best? I have a 2-7X32 scope on my PS90 TR and feel that I could make a clean head shot at 25 to 50 yards.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
i havent had any issues killing varmints like raccoons ect with the 57 round

·
Vendor
5,700 Posts
I think the round will do fine. especially the ss197. I've heard of it doing a great job on those big rats down south and on coyoties. :?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
yea i believe i was on the fiveseven forum and a guy kill like a 300lb pig with his fiveseven

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
i wish fn would come out with the bolt action 5.7 already so i can use that as my primary coyote and groundhog killer or they would allow semi auto rifles for hunting in pa

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
KABOOM..... i see alot of little pieces over there lol 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts