FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 Sponsor here asked about the possibility of a Group Buy Forum. However - If I did this, I would want to see it have use from more than 1 sponsor.

Is anyone else interested in using such a forum? If so - what sorts of items would you do group buys for?

·
Registered
426 Posts
In addition I think the FNForum members should be polled to see IF and WHAT they would like to see in the way of group buys.
If there is enough interest, I feel a group buy forum could benefit all of the vendors here by increasing sales/exposure and offer unique buys for members that can be found nowhere else.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, at this point - I think the decision is more of the sponsors - and not the members. The sponsors have to be willing to conduct the group buys - ornothing happens in the forums.

We've turned away group buys in the past from NON-sponsors. I didn't think it would be right to have group buys on FN weapons when we have sponsors here that sells weapons. So, I never allowed non sponsors to do such things.

However - it really comes down to the sponsors wanting to use the forum.

We have so many forums that I have no problem popping up 1 more. I just want to see it used with regularity.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I think I could throw together some deals...

:cool:

I think the terms would be specific to the item being sold...

We are a FN dealer. And we buy in large quantities when possible.

I have done group buys on other forums...

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, ultimately - let me know if U can come up with something. If 2 or more vendors can give me a firm "for sure," and will start putting some stuff up right away - I'll make the forum. We'll keep it as long as it's being used :?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm not quite sure if I understand the gist of what's being offered? Is this a group buy from dealers of the forum, or to do a group buy of other companies?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is group buys for forum members from sponsors here...

Its not a whole lot different than your regular forsale forums - but basically, it is slightly cheaper deals if a certain # of people agree to buy a product.

·
Vendor
5,593 Posts
I'd be willing as soon as I get caught up with all the back orders. I'm hopeing to get a huge shipment from Brian with-in the next week to fill the orders and then have some stock on hand. I'll let you know. :?

·
Registered
214 Posts
So would we have to act as administrator for the group buy too? Usually resellers like group buys due to the fact that it's like a single person buying a lot of a particular product.

If that's the case, I'd just do a one day sale that was announced ahead of time with a discount code to make it easy.

That's kind of a good idea in itself. I may do 50% off sales every couple of months or so for those out there who are "waiting" for a good price. My online ordering makes it fast and convenient for customers to get their goods quickly, and with a detailed invoice.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I guess I'll set it up and see how it goes. As long as its being used, then we can keep it.

So, I'll make the forum later today then.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok - that area is up.

How you would like to conduct the actual group buy is totally up to you - there is multiple ways to possible come up with different sales.

I was just fulfilling a request by 1 sponsor to make such a forum, but I didn't want to create the subforum and then only have 1 person using it. That's why I wanted to see if there was enough interest in it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Obviously the Group Buy Forum will require some discussion to be posted prior to actually listing the open buys. Interest on some items will need to be gauged and a timeline established for the group buy to run in most situations. I don't plan on offering the "everyday" type items in my buys, but only those items that are unique or costly. To make it worth the effort for the end user to participate, being that alot of FN owners don't frequent the forum on a daily basis and not everyone has the money to jump on a short term sale, I plan on offering extended buys that last two weeks to a month in duration, that way everyone that wants the deal has the opportunity to get it. Another aspect to make it worth the effort to participate is that we will offer immediate shipping on group buy orders, so no waiting until the buy closes to send payment or receive the item.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts