FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is anyone here using a "Guardian Concealment" holster to carry their FNX45T concealed IWB?

I have a Bladetech WRS holster, and a DSG Alpha that I use now (for TLR-1 and RMR). I wear the DSG Alpha for OWB CC, but when I change the loops and wear it IWB, it isn't very comfortable. I actually do carry with the TLR-1 and RMR mounted, so I know it's a cannon, but I like it.

I was hoping to get something like a Crossbreed Super Tuck, but I don't see it being available for the FNX45T with light and RMR mounted. I've only really found the holster in the link above that may be similar.

I like the concept of the large leather panel being somewhat flat, and placing all the curvy, pointy, sticky bits towards the outside.:mrgreen: I've never tried one yet, but it sure does look like it'd be more comfortable.

So........ Anyone here who has (or has tried) one????? I'd love your input before I shuck out the clams for yet another holster.LOL!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I looked at the same and also the leather wing from black point tactical. I haven't gotten either one yet since I'm waiting to get a rmr. I was also wondering how comfortable they were.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I have one and love it since it works both iwb and owb and with the RMR installed.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I got mine in all black what did you order? Whatever combo you choose I'm sure you will be happy with it.

I look forward to Alien Gear to produce one that will work for the Tactical with a RMR installed as I have several of Alien's holsters for multiple different firearms including one for my standard FNX which works nicely and the price couldn't be beat for what you get so I do look forward to a version of theirs for the Tac w/RMR !

·
Registered
153 Posts
I actually just received an email from them earlier today because I was asking for the same thing. They have one for the FNX 45T but not with the Surefire X400 Ultra and Trijicon RM06.

I got mine in all black what did you order? Whatever combo you choose I'm sure you will be happy with it.

I look forward to Alien Gear to produce one that will work for the Tactical with a RMR installed as I have several of Alien's holsters for multiple different firearms including one for my standard FNX which works nicely and the price couldn't be beat for what you get so I do look forward to a version of theirs for the Tac w/RMR !

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually just received an email from them earlier today because I was asking for the same thing. They have one for the FNX 45T but not with the Surefire X400 Ultra and Trijicon RM06.
Yeah, I wish they had one for the 45T with RMR and at least a few different lights. Their price is pretty darn sweet though! :smile:

·
Registered
63 Posts

All black for me (stitching too). I don't have the Tac model and no RMR; but, I did order it to accommodate my TLR-1s. This will be my first IWB though I chose the slot option to permit OWB carry as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All black for me (stitching too). I don't have the Tac model and no RMR; but, I did order it to accommodate my TLR-1s. This will be my first IWB though I chose the slot option to permit OWB carry as well.
Cool! Please post pics when you get it! I'm also interested in any wearability/comfort input you might have after you try it.:smile:

I'd just bite the bullet and order one, but I already have piles of way too expensive holsters, some I'm not crazy about. It'd be nice to get decent input before buying yet another one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Cool! Please post pics when you get it! I'm also interested in any wearability/comfort input you might have after you try it.:smile:

I'd just bite the bullet and order one, but I already have piles of way too expensive holsters, some I'm not crazy about. It'd be nice to get decent input before buying yet another one.

My thoughts ecactly. Pictures and feed back

·
Registered
63 Posts

Since this is my first IWB I really can't provide comparative info other than as a comparison to my OWB holster. I've worn it for a couple of days so far without any discomfort. I can only assume that as time goes on the fit will continue to improve.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just ordered a Guardian Concealment on Friday. I ordered 2 shells. Both with the RMR cut and one with A TRL2 cut. 'll give feedback once i get them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I sure hope it's a good holster, got one coming in next week.. for a gun I don't even have yet nor ordered yet, but darn it, I have everything that goes with it, lol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Since this is my first IWB I really can't provide comparative info other than as a comparison to my OWB holster. I've worn it for a couple of days so far without any discomfort. I can only assume that as time goes on the fit will continue to improve.
Thank you very much Sir! I was hoping to hear it was comfortable, and I wanted to see what an actual customer delivered one looked like.::!!!::

I just went ahead and ordered one as well. I went with RH, Black stitched, OWB cutouts, RMR, and TLR-1. I can't wait for it to get here, summer is here and vacation is coming soon enough. I want to stick with this cannon, and it'll help to bury it deeper during the summer months.

Thanks to everyone else who posted too. I'll also post back with pics and details when I get mine also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My question is if I get the holster made for the Trl light and don't have the light mounted will the gun fit loose?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, my holster came in today. It looks pretty decent. I'm stuck at work, and it looks like it'll be at least a week before I have a day off. I'll report back when I finally get a chance to wear it for at least a day (walking, vehicle travel, etc.).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know its not a holster the OP is asking about but I feel it should be shared. I have had my FNX .45 for about 2 months now and I have been using a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe, I'm a "large" guy, and the problem I have with it is, when I sweat it likes to slide down my side. Don't get me wrong its a great holster but I felt it should be mentioned for anyone considering getting one. Has anyone else had the same problems with leather holsters and sweat?

20140522_164940.jpg

·
Registered
364 Posts
My question is if I get the holster made for the Trl light and don't have the light mounted will the gun fit loose?
It will be loose, however you can pay an extra $10 and get a second black non-light face plate to switch out if you decide to take the light off. I just ordered one after I seen this thread.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts