FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I celebrated gun appreciation day by purchasing 3 new guns.

GSG 522

FNX-9

FNX-45

FNXs side by side

Items I have bought over the last year include my AR-15 with furniture personalized to taste

and an FS2000 that I can't seem to find any pics of atm. I also found 5 AR-15 mags at the LGS but they'd only sell me 4 so I picked those up in polymer.

GREAT day to be an American!

·
Premium Member
9,707 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TY! I think I need to work out or something because the slide catch levers on those FNXs are hard as hell to use. I'm left handed and my thumb isn't even strong enough to use the slide catch release with that hand. Going to heed the advice stickied in the FNX forum and leave the slides locked back for week and see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
9,707 Posts
The springs are pretty stout. I gave up on using the slide release about a decade ago...too many tiny releases. 1911a and HKs are the only pistols I have with nice meaty slide lock/releases. I just got in the habit of releasing the slide with my off hand.

Reactions: Mannschaft

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The springs are pretty stout. I gave up on using the slide release about a decade ago...too many tiny releases. 1911a and HKs are the only pistols I have with nice meaty slide lock/releases. I just got in the habit of releasing the slide with my off hand.
Yeah I will have to get used to it as well. The only pistols I've handled before this were HKs with the big meaty slide lock release. At any rate I've read through the entire manual and it says to pull the slide back and push down on the release to chamber the first round anyway. So while possible to operate the release if you have a strong enough thumb, I guess they weren't meant to be operated in that matter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts