FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice how as a gun collector - U are always working on ways to get "the next one"? I never seem to be satisfied. Everytime I think I am, it doesn't take long before my mind wonders on to some other gun I want.

Anyone else have this. It's an obsession. Unfortunately, not one shared by my wife :p

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
At the time and place it always seems like the perfect one. But - as time passes, it's the wrong color, caliber, weight, length and your mission objective has changed. So, you get the next one.

Thank God we do not have to marry them.

-TH

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, while I tend to get heavily involved in any hobby I pick up - gun buying seems to be an obsession for me :oops: :p

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wait till you start a milsurp collection! Right now with the market flooded with Rusky imports (M44's $79) and cheap 7.62x54's ($49 for~400 rnds) you can't wrong with those old bangers for some fun! Old SKS's are are a real hoot and and so easy to bubba-up! I do believe it is a disease cause like women, big or small once they are at home you love em..........till the next comes along! :lol:

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is ALWAYS another one. If I think I am satisfied, that feeling lasts only a week at most, if I am lucky :p :p :p

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yah I need a new safe my cabnet is full i have guns under my bed in the factory boxes lol that sucks.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I need one s&w mp15 one more USG and maybe another TR before the next ban because i have a strong feeling its comming ....... :evil:

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, better get it...

I should have 6 PS90 mags by the end of the week. I think that's enough.

I plan to do as someone else suggested - just use 1 at a time, instead of rotating them.

·
Registered
636 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Yea, better get it...

I should have 6 PS90 mags by the end of the week. I think that's enough.

I plan to do as someone else suggested - just use 1 at a time, instead of rotating them.
Thats how i do it with all my guns thats the best way then you just test them out once then you know the rest are good.

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, that's an old post - I have 8 mags now. I think I am good, although I keep saying that. I suppose if talk of another AWB hits, I would buy some more.

Man, this gun has cost me a fortune. I have over $400 in mags + the gun + the accessories + 2000 rounds of spare 5.7 ammo. Geeze, I am broke :p

·
Registered
636 Posts
I know it i bought a S&W M&P15 16in tuesday and i forgot there is a gun show 1.5 miles from my house this weekend i am going in the A.M :wink:

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
abpt1 said:
I know it i bought a S&W M&P15 16in tuesday and i forgot there is a gun show 1.5 miles from my house this weekend i am going in the A.M :wink:
SWEET! - I want one :)

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Well, that's an old post - I have 8 mags now. I think I am good, although I keep saying that. I suppose if talk of another AWB hits, I would buy some more.

Man, this gun has cost me a fortune. I have over $400 in mags + the gun + the accessories + 2000 rounds of spare 5.7 ammo. Geeze, I am broke :p
Wow this thread is a couple of months old... it's a tough habit alright. Worse than crack!

For the PS90 I still need the bulk ammo, trigger job, and more mags. About another 800 bucks should do it...

Then there will be an FS2000 or another SIG, or another AR... it never ends... :wink:

TA

·
Registered
320 Posts
I moved on from cars thinking that this would be a cheaper hobby. DAMN WAS I WRONG!!! I'll be picking up a battle rifle soon, and a 2nd of either th ePS90 or XCR, not sure which.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree with the race against time part. I think that's what makes it a desease. It's tough when your not sure if something is going to be around for much longer or if the prices will Brady Bill skyrocket on you.

For me it's an obsession. I enjoy buying or building a new gun almost as much as I like shooting. For me it's money well spent. Even on those days I can't get to the range I like opening up the vault and looking at the collection. I like marveling at the design, mechanics and genius behind each one. I enjoy snapping in and dry fire practice.
I have obsessions and hobbies, both.

My obsessions are
Physical Training/boxing
Shooting/collecting/ accessorizing, building and customizing guns
Motorcycle riding and wrenching

Hobbies are
Woodworking
zippo and pipe collecting
writing
fishing
Camping
reading