FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, been a lurker here for a while, created an account when I got my FNX-45 in black. Haven't posted much. Anyway, got a question for y'all.

I've got about 800 rounds through my pistol so far. I'm loving almost everything about it except two minor things that you may have been able to guess by the title. One being the fact that I got a unit with the known sticky mag release issue. The second being that after I shoot a mag, and the slide locks back, after slapping a new mag into the pistol, the slide shoots forward and charges the gun. I've heard that some guns are designed with this as an actual feature but as far as I know this is not supposed to be a feature of the FNX is it? I haven't tried replicate this with empty mags as I only ever usually insert a loaded mag into the gun with the slide open. It was happening to my left handed father too when he was trying the gun for the first time so I'm pretty sure it's not an issue with how the gun is being handled. Any insight as to why this is happening?

As far as I have read on here, the easiest way to deal with the mag release is to send it back to FN. I'm no stranger to tinkering though so if there's an easy DIY fix I'm all ears.

·
Premium Member
9,528 Posts
The slide issue is common in polymer pistols. Pretty much all of mine will do it.

·
Premium Member
9,528 Posts
I haven't had a problem with either of my mag releases, but you may want to take a look at this thread. That or send it to FN.

Reactions: jhs27275

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm, order a new part from them, or send it in. I think I'll send it in then if that's the case.

I've spent a decent chunk of time just messing with it going back and forth and what not just getting used to operating the gun, so I don't know if it's a "break it in" type problem with my particular firearm.

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts