FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little less confident than the writer of this article, but it does seem to be going in the right direction in most states. We definitely cannot stop pushing now, anyone who favors gun control should feel as if they just poked a hornet's nest every time they open their mouth.

The Long View: Gun Control Being Decimated on State Level

Gun control is being decimated at the state level, as more and more state legislatures pass laws nullifying gun ordinances, expanding concealed carry, instituting open carry, and legalizing campus carry, among other things.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Another great post monster!!! I'm in agreement -- spent most of 2 years on defensive, it's our turn to get back some lost ground and perhaps take some.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Although the examples that he posted in the article are very positive for loosening the gun restrictions, there are also states like CT, NY, NJ, MD that have seen a large amount of regulation added in the last 12-18 months. I think the gap between gun-friendly and gun-unfriendly states will continue to grow.

I know here in NH they keep trying to get "universal back round checks" through in various ways, but so far the state government has turned down anything that mentions tighter restrictions. There has not been any real ground gained, but we also have not lost any even though we are like an island here in New England. Come November that will be the subject of my questioning to every candidate that knocks on my door. I also put my NRA life member decal on the storm door window, so typically candidates that are against the 2nd will not even bother knocking.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
That is what amazes me and shows a huge disconnect. You look at the laws most states are passing are all pro gun. Then you jump to the federal level and its anti gun. You would think the states like MO that pass pro gun stuff you wouldnt have morons like McKascal or whoever in the fed level voting on antigun junk.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Although the examples that he posted in the article are very positive for loosening the gun restrictions, there are also states like CT, NY, NJ, MD that have seen a large amount of regulation added in the last 12-18 months. I think the gap between gun-friendly and gun-unfriendly states will continue to grow.
This is the exact source of my lack of confidence, but on the other side there has been a huge level of civil disobedience in those states when it comes to new laws. Just maybe this means it is reaching a saturation point, and when you push people too far they push back.

I think states removing restrictions is a direct effect of attempted restrictions in other states and on the Federal level.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
That is what amazes me and shows a huge disconnect. You look at the laws most states are passing are all pro gun. Then you jump to the federal level and its anti gun. You would think the states like MO that pass pro gun stuff you wouldnt have morons like McKascal or whoever in the fed level voting on antigun junk.
Sadly, she wouldn't be there if an idiot had not won the last Republican primary, with the help of some clever adds put in place by her operatives.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts