FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holder: Gun control options 'narrowed' after high court ruling

— Attorney General-designate Eric Holder conceded during his confirmation hearing Thursday that the government's options for regulating the possession of firearms have been narrowed in the wake of the Supreme Court's 2008 ruling that the Second Amendment ensures an individual right to bear arms.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...rol-options-narrowed-after-high-court-ruling/

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
So if a .22 LR kills a cop then its "armor-pierceing"???? No such thing as a "cop killer" bullet, what about cop killer knives, or cop killer rocks or cop killer vehicles.........

:!:

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Thanks Ship! :?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
What about a nerf gun? :lol:

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Holder said that he previously viewed the Second Amendment as a "collective right" to bear arms, not an individual right.
Now that I think of it, your right of free speach is not an individual right, is it? How about your right to live free of slavery, is that an individual right? Unreasonable search and seisures, is that an individual right too?

You know what, I always thought that our rights to own property were more of a "collective right" myself. You know, you don't REALLY own your checking account, car, house, clothes on your back, money in your wallet, etc.

The PEOPLE can own property as they act as "The state", but YOU don't own it. Yeah, that is it. YOU don't have an INDIVIDUAL right to keep and bear arms. Well no, of course not.

You know the constitution is such a well written form of communism. No individual rights, only the STATE.

Good thing we got this better interpretation of the constitution from such an esteemed official. Just in time for January 20!

·
Banned
4,097 Posts

·
Banned
4,097 Posts

·
Administrator
12,073 Posts
wlcohen said:
of course that's only until Obama picks new judges and the overturn that ruling
True. At the lower court and appeals court level, there will be lots of changes. At the SCOTUS, the only way to overturn the Heller ruling is if one of the conservative judges retires and is replaced with a liberal. If a liberal judge retires and is replaced by a liberal, then the balance remains the same.

·
Registered
857 Posts
HK SD9 Tactical said:
wlcohen said:
True. At the lower court and appeals court level, there will be lots of changes. At the SCOTUS, the only way to overturn the Heller ruling is if one of the conservative judges retires and is replaced with a liberal. If a liberal judge retires and is replaced by a liberal, then the balance remains the same.
& sometime in the next 8 years of Obama's reign that will happen

·
Administrator
12,073 Posts
wlcohen said:
HK SD9 Tactical said:
wlcohen said:
& sometime in the next 8 years of Obama's reign that will happen
8 years is a Mighty Big assumption! :eek:

·
Registered
93 Posts
All I can say, is please write your Senator and encourage them to NOT approve this anti-American!

FM

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm sure that the "Brady Bunch" has BHO's ear, so don't be surprised about what comes next.

The ideological makeup of the Supreme Court has changed numerous times over the years, so the balance of power will swing left, it's only a matter of time. Under BHO's administration, I'm sure that only leftist judges need apply for any openings.

Until then, we just need to cling to our guns and our religion, right?

-MontanaSheriff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts