FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I just hope that all these people that apply for a permit don't end up on a confiscation list should the laws change.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
devildoc said:
I just hope that all these people that apply for a permit don't end up on a confiscation list should the laws change.

Scary to think they would stoop that low, but I believe they WOULD.

·
Administrator
12,073 Posts
Red-5 said:
In November alone, Florida had close to 90,000 applications submitted.
Yes but you don't have to be a resident to get a Florida CWF license.

I don't know what the ratio of resident vs non-resident is but as far as I am concerned, if your legal 'come and get it'.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The license is for the citizen, not for the firearm. No information is collected about any firearm. The fact that you have a license does not mean that you have a firearm. If you have a license and find yourself inclined to carry a firearm, you could carry a revolver one day, an auto the next, a borrowed gun, or whatever. And in the end you could sell all your firearms, still have a ccw license, and nowhere in the process would there exist a piece of paper or record of any kind that you had ever owned or possessed any firearm.

Georgia does not require registration of non-class III firearms at all, so the only list of firearm owners that could be created would have to come from the yellow sheets and shop records, there would be nothing in the ccw licensing system.

Georgia has pretty good laws.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
No one is disagreeing here, but IMO, it would be probable cause to obtain a search warrant should confiscation occur just by having a CHL/CCW license.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I think in New York, New Jersey and Califonia they used lists to confiscate weapons. These were from registration records, but a list can be made from alot of different sourses.

Let me also say that I don't think that would ever happen, since the **** storm that would followed, would tear the US apart.

I also don't think that they would go after Class III weapons first, if at all. Those individuals are easy pickings, its the unknowns that they would concentrate on along with drying out all available ammo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Search warrant would require probable cause to believe that a particular item (make, model, serial number, etc) was at a particular location (description of house, address, etc.), and that the information that leads you to believe so is recent information (48 to 72 hours, usually).

The fact that you have a ccw license that you received weeks, months, or years ago gives no information about a particular item to search for and if it did, would not be "timely" information about where to look for that item today.

In my opinion a judge would require far more information before a warrant would be issued.

And remember: In Georgia the ccw license does not mean that the holder EVER had or owned a firearm.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Furyataurus said:
That is if they even bother getting a search warrant if the Bill of Rights is still around :(
Now under that scenario, the search warrant is irrelevant and you would be correct.

Let's hope that can't happen in America.

BB

1 - 14 of 14 Posts