FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Madhouse.

27 views and you were the first to comment on my posting failure.

:-D

Good job keeping me in line :-x

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts

And the 2 out of 5 starts was rated by whom? Some pudgy nobody that sits on his ass all day long and the closest he's come to combat is his PS3.

Cheek rest? WTF? Show me one on the the MP5A3 - and that thing is touted as the the best. Cheek weld :-D

The VIP is being shot at .. let me make sure I can get a 'comfortable' cheek weld and - oh - boss - I know you are getting shot at and all - but this buttstock is really pinching my man-boob.

-TH

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
solidarnosc said:
Madhouse said:
I would be much more interested in this if it were offered in 5.7x28mm
What would be the point? They already have the P90.
+1 :?

50 round mag too. :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
solidarnosc said:
Madhouse said:
Just another variation. Like my AR-57 - I already have a PS-90, but like shooting it as well. I've got quite a few guns that could be considered redundant version of stuff I already have, so, no real point I suppose.

:?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Madhouse said:
solidarnosc said:
Madhouse said:
Just another variation. Like my AR-57 - I already have a PS-90, but like shooting it as well. I've got quite a few guns that could be considered redundant version of stuff I already have, so, no real point I suppose.

:?
+1

It would be cool to have another FN platform like the p90 but with a crisp trigger.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The only positive is the common mag/round size to the AR platform.

Beyond that, the P90 trumps this PDW in every way possible.

Heck, I'm thinking the PS90 is closer to the OAL of the SCAR based PDW, has a longer barrel for better ballistics etc.

If you really wanted the best of both, you can build the P90 with a short suppressor, and have a short PDW that does more, and will not draw unwanted attention at night much better too.

I've shot my brothers AR 15 pistol. It has a 7" barrel, is a flat top, and has a A2 style flash hider. With no front grip, it's hard to control shooting single shots. I can only imagine it select fire. We shot it at dusk one day, and the fire ball this thing threw out was impressive. It's like a flame thrower, only the flames don't last long. Seriously, the flames were 4 or 5 feet long, and 3 feet in diameter.

NO night vision will be had shooting that "PDW" or Pistol as it's marketed by Bushmaster.

The PS90 has a flame, but nothing like that. Even the FsN has a pretty good flame, but not nearly as bad as the short barrel AR pistols.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
My AR15 7.5 inch barrel SBR is super accurate at 100 yards. But I am shouldering the weapon, unlike the pistol version.

Fireball yes, during the day, depending what ammo you use.

Can't shoot at night where I am. :-(

I found it very controllable rapid fire semi-auto. But I am shouldering the weapon, unlike the pistol version.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thermallator said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6DOClA_w0M&feature=player_embedded

And the 2 out of 5 starts was rated by whom? Some pudgy nobody that sits on his ass all day long and the closest he's come to combat is his PS3.

Cheek rest? WTF? Show me one on the the MP5A3 - and that thing is touted as the the best. Cheek weld :-D

The VIP is being shot at .. let me make sure I can get a 'comfortable' cheek weld and - oh - boss - I know you are getting shot at and all - but this buttstock is really pinching my man-boob.

-TH
I couldn't agree more! If you look at the bottom of the article it gives a brief description of the author;

"Nicholas Leghorn is a Risk Analyst living in Northern Virginia, and a recent Penn State grad. In his free time, he's a competition shooter (USPSA, 3-gun and NRA High Power service rifle division) and enjoys mixing statistics and science with firearms."

It also includes a link to this guys website with his resume posted.http://www.nickleghorn.com/index.html

I don't want to offend anyone but, I have a hard time listening to a review on a combat driven tool from an IT guy who (from what his resume says) has never put on a uniform.

Sorry for the rant, but this one just rubbed me the wrong way.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Anyone notice he is wearing arm chair warrior gear???

Can't see if he has a pocket protector. :p

·
Registered
78 Posts
SONYtec said:

So what your saying is if he had on a ghillie suit, his review would of been taken better?

Thing is, I am not in the military anymore, and alot has changed since I was in 20 years ago. But having it so short, and so compact, I can see the issue rising with the thumb area. All it will take is one guy under fire to blow his thumb off and POOF goes any gov't contract.

We still do not live down the charging handle fiasco on the 16. I think your just looking to find anything wrong since most on here are fanyboys of FNH, in particular the scar.

Biggest problem for FN is they do not listen to anyone, they think they have all the answers. Companies like LMT, Trijicon, Aimpoint, etc will listen to the soldiers. They listen to some colonel that probably has not seen combat since he was a butter bar. No difference between that Col. and this guy in my opinion, both college educated, and do not have a clue.
Would it be a better review if it came from nutinfancy? :-D

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Gasitman said:
SONYtec said:

So what your saying is if he had on a ghillie suit, his review would of been taken better?
Nope, was just having fun. :?

Do I have to explain the joke??? :p

It's not funny after you have to explain it. :(

·
Registered
473 Posts

Thing is, I am not in the military anymore, and alot has changed since I was in 20 years ago. But having it so short, and so compact, I can see the issue rising with the thumb area. All it will take is one guy under fire to blow his thumb off and POOF goes any gov't contract.

We still do not live down the charging handle fiasco on the 16. I think your just looking to find anything wrong since most on here are fanyboys of FNH, in particular the scar.

Biggest problem for FN is they do not listen to anyone, they think they have all the answers. Companies like LMT, Trijicon, Aimpoint, etc will listen to the soldiers. They listen to some colonel that probably has not seen combat since he was a butter bar. No difference between that Col. and this guy in my opinion, both college educated, and do not have a clue.
Would it be a better review if it came from nutinfancy? :-D

Fanboy here.... I'm partial to the charging handle design due to simplicity, ease of use, and it's ability to be used as a forward assist. It's caught my thumb hard enough to interfere with ejecting a round one time and one time only. This was on the 17. While it wasn't pleasant, it in no way hindered me from being able to run the weapon as a wanted. Other than not using the mag well as a vertical grip with my thumb straight up. Great design IMHO.

Anyway, FN designed the SCAR platform in direct response to what SOF groups said they wanted in a weapon. Just one of the many reasons that the MK17 is being used by so many groups right now.

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
I think what he is saying is ... Don't put too much credit in a guy who has no real world experience. The scar platform has more than proven itself. If it was a DUD at $2600ish per unit, I would think there would be at least few hundred or more post like his, not 1 or 2. In my stats class he would be called an "outlier"( In statistics, an outlier is an observation that is numerically distant from the rest of the data.) :p Besides our men in uniform, there are guys whose sole job is to evalutate and test weapons. This guy "seems" to be a weekend warrior. Not a dedicated "gun tester".

Long story short(as SGT would say) take his review with a grain of salt ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts