FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
ive never had anyone say not to...and of all the gun maniac houses ive been too, they all keep ammo and guns mixed. as long as you have humidity control, i cant see why its a problem?

·
Registered
636 Posts
ShipWreck said:
A few people warned me not to store ammo in a gunsafe - Is that the consensus?

Ship I know a lot of of guys that keep ammo in a safe with a pound of silica no problem!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I don't store my ammo with my guns. It was just one of the safety rules I was taught growing up. It doesn't bother me that others do it, I just don't do it.

If someone gets to the ammo they don't have the guns and vice versa. It's just one extra bit of safety. Two safes or locks have to be opened to get both. Heck, I've considered storing the bolts in a third locked area.

If there is a fire they are seperated also.

And last... there's no room in the gun safe for my ammo.

TA

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
There were some neat threads a couple of years ago that I wish I would have saved the pics from. They were about guys building their "Dream Homes" and the safes and rooms they built into the homes.

One guy in particular took pics of the house being built from an open field to it's completion. They dug out the basement and poured the walls and in the middle of the basement was a "safe room" with a bank vault door.

I forget how thick the walls were. It was cool. Not exactly quick access though. Rifles all along 3 walls, sump pump in the floor to prevent flooding, dehumidifiers, positive pressure ventilation, it's own water and supplies.

If I ever build a house, i will have a safe room, not a safe. :D

TA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts