FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a quick access safe for my FNP-9 to keep next to the bed, I want something that would hold 1 or 2 pistols. Doesn't have to be fireproof.

Also, I'd like to get a larger safe for my rifle and valuables, would like fireproof on this one.

Would appreciate ya'lls opinions/experience.

thanks!

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
GUnvault - I have one mounted by my bed. Their is a regular size and a larger gun vault - and each has the regular model and the deluxe model. The deluxe model has a light inside and a motion detector.

Its just a little over $100 and will store 1 gun. I like it a lot.

I researched all these type of gun safes, and the Gun Vault seems to be the best.

·
Registered
302 Posts
For the larger safes I think Fort Knox are the best, not only do I sell and deliver and work on them where I work but I own one and im buying a second one.

Ive done a few pick up's on safes after house fires and seen what happens to some safes and fort knox seem to hold up the best.

No im not trying to sell a safe from where I work, just saying what I have learned from working on safes for sometime now.

You did ask about the best, there not the cheapist.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great info, thanks guys. I ordered the gunvault minivault deluxe from cheaperthandirt.com, $128 shipped. Sounds like I'll have to shop around for the larger fireproof vault.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
frizzlefry said:
Great info, thanks guys. I ordered the gunvault minivault deluxe from cheaperthandirt.com, $128 shipped. Sounds like I'll have to shop around for the larger fireproof vault.
That's the same one I have.

U can tell if someone has been guessing at the combination too :)

I read that the electric plug comes seperate. but it was included with mine. Ya still need to put batteries in it, though, because it would loose your combination if the power went out otherwise.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't have mine plugged in, just use the batteries. I use either Duracell or Energizer in mine. I changed them out after about 5 years just to be safe. They were still working fine though. It was probably opened 1-2 times a month during that 5 years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts