FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LLINOIS (KFVS) - Every time someone wants to own a gun, whether it's new or passed down, they have to fill out a firearms transaction record.

It's basically a background check that is then sent in to Illinois State Police for approval. It can be done online or at a gun shop, and is free for individuals to fill out.

However, if gun shop owners fill it out they'll be charged $2 to send that form in.
It may not sound like a lot, but a shop owner said it adds up; especially, with the number of people who have been wanting to own guns over the last few months.

"It all adds up. I call in thirty applications a day that two dollars adds up every day. Every time I make a phone call, every time I sell a gun it is another two bucks," said Chad Butler, owner of Twisted Barrel Firearms.
Butler agreed that shop owners should be the ones responsible for calling in the application for their customers, but when it comes to who should pay the fee, he thinks it's unfair for dealers.

See more: Gun shop owners fired up over fees - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Welcome to the business world-cost go up - what to do? IDK? But I can tell you what not to do-do not pass that increase off to the customer as you will lose them. Sell 1 extra gun a day & problem solved:)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Welcome to the business world-cost go up - what to do? IDK? But I can tell you what not to do-do not pass that increase off to the customer as you will lose them. Sell 1 extra gun a day & problem solved:)
That is terrible advise.

The Gun Shops absolutely need to pass that cost off to the customer's AND they need to advertise why.

*Hang a sign
*Explain to each customer WHY they are being charged the fee

-and most importantly-

Educate the Customer's on WHO they need to call / talk to / sign a petition to get this B.S. stopped and/or reversed.

Don't just sit back & take it

Educate the population & fight back.

We are all in this together or we will never survive.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have to say that I feel any customer that gets worked up over $2 when buying a firearm might be a bit of a loon. I understand how it can add up for the retailer, but on a per customer basis it's TWO dollars.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I have to say that I feel any customer that gets worked up over $2 when buying a firearm might be a bit of a loon. I understand how it can add up for the retailer, but on a per customer basis it's TWO dollars.
2$ on a 1100$ gun is .002% increase so unless you are buying jimerez sat night specials this should be no big deal to the customer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts