FN Herstal Firearms banner

Do you keep a gun under your pillow while sleeping?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious... On another thread, I was a bit surprised to see some comments from people who claimed that they keep their handgun underneath their pillow when they sleep (some say they keep it in a holster).

Who here does this?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I find that if I try to sleep with a gun under my pillow the chances of it moving around or falling somewhere I can't find it is much too high. I prefer to keep it in a place where I can't knock it around while sleeping.

·
Administrator
11,087 Posts
I used to keep a gun under my pillow but I also kept one eye open while I slept. :eek:

I have not kept a gun under my pillow for about 14 years now. I do keep it on the headboard (bookshelf) secured to the inside top on my side of the bed. Makes my wife nervous though. Makes me feel safe though knowing that I woun't have to ask a criminal if they can give me a few minutes to unlock the safe to get the gun, load the gun, and then ask them to hold still while I shoot them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is not a safe practice to sleep with a gun under the pillow nor is it a safe practice to sleep with your AR15/M16/MP4 or whatever either, even if you are in a combat zone. :x :x :x

Each individual circumstance requires the gun owner to use the best practice for their individual requirements as far as firearms are concerned while sleeping. :grin:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Nope, night stand is just fine. My wife and I roll around too much. We've waken up in the morning to discover that at some time during the night we had swapped pillows.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, the night stand is fine for me - but, as I said in my original post - I was surprised to see quite a few people claiming to do this in another thread (I think it was on another site)

·
Registered
12 Posts
How about this for keeping your night gun. I bought the Blackhawk Universal fit holster http://www.gearzoneproducts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=264 from Gearzone. It has hook-and-loop fasteners to fit anywhere inside Blackhawk fanny packs or carry cases. I then also got some hook-and-loop from Home Depot, stuck that to the side of my night stand right next to the bed, then Velcroed the Universal Fit holster onto the side of the nighstand. I can slip either my FN57 or Beretta 92FS in this holster. It is right next to me, I just roll over, reach out and the gun is right there.
I might try and take some pics and post it here if anybody is interested in seeing what it looks like.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sure, post a pic..

I got a gunvault because of my son - so I can't just leave stuff out anymore...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok, here goes,my first attempt at posting pics on this forum (I did find the instructions on how to do it).
1 The Home Depot Velcro stuck to the side of the night stand

2 The BlackHawk Universal holster

3 My FN57 with LaserMax on the rail

4 FN57 in BlackHack Universal holster Velcroed to the side of my night stand

Ok - don't shoot me if it did not work :D

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
That's pretty neat. Thanx for posting.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've got an SKS rifle that I keep out unloaded. But I have two stripper clips and can have it loaded in seconds if I need to. I have the rounds in seperate (under my pillow :-D ....not really) place from the rifle because I have young ones. It is the only gun I keep with ammo NOT under lock and key. Oside of the that all my guns are locked inthe cabinet and all the ammo is locked in a storage safe.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts